Midrange Wintel Engineer
HewlettPackard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have ameaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings togethera portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve morethan 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents,engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, createsocial value, and improve the lives of our clients.
This is anopportunity to be part of an Adelaide based Midrange Wintel Server teamresponsible for third level support and administration across a variety ofWintel based platforms. The work includes general Incident Management andadministration, monitoring and responding to alerts and regular scheduledhardware and OS changes.
You willparticipate in the support and implementation of primarily Microsoft Windowsbased environments along with VMware, Citrix, and MS Cluster. You will be partof a team, providing on-going remote support activities for clients in linewith Service Level Agreements & Customer Orders.
- Manage workload and ensure assignments are completed on time and within target completion dates
- Keep clients informed at all times as to progress of assigned tasks and setting realistic expectations with regards to completion dates and status updates in a professional, concise and informative manner
- Demonstrate ownership and interest in goals by identification, escalation and resolution of issues appropriately
- Comply with incident, problem and change management processes
- Ensure timesheets accurately reflect activity within guidelines
- Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers
- Keep abreast of new / emerging technologies
- The successful candidate may progress into further technical or leadership roles
- Minimum 5 years skills and experience in the installation, configuration and remote support of Windows 2008 / 2012 Server and other operating systems
- Advanced Windows Troubleshooting skills including Microsoft clustered environments
- Experience in Citrix management and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in virtualised environments (200 host) & managing VMware ESX Server
- Experience in HW technologies – enclosures/blades/servers
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols & services i.e.: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Working understanding of Active Directory
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Extensive experience in a large (1000 server) enterprise or corporate environment
- Have an understanding of how to methodically approach troubleshooting
- Ability to resolve issues & handle conflicting priorities in a dynamic environment
- A positive attitude, a passion for IT and a mindset that can adapt easily to change
- Ability to multitask and prioritize current and incoming workload
- Able to communicate broad and specific concepts with team and to peers
- Able to produce documentation for use by team and customer
- Has ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products.
- Ability to apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Australian citizenship holder
- Hold appropriate security clearance, if not, must be willing to apply for clearance
- Willing to work after hours as dictate by business/client and doing on call as per roster
- Team player
- Work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt quickly
What do we offer?
Extensivesocial benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and sharedvalues, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractiveemployers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-lifebalance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a forward-thinking team with a commitment to providing high quality and innovative services.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top