HewlettPackard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have ameaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE bringstogether a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure toserve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive businessvalue, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Working within the InfrastructureServices, Global Operations Center, the Deep Technical Support Consultant isone of our most technically skilled people. With a deep understanding of ITinfrastructure you will be involved in most aspects of keeping our customer’sservers, applications and hardware running smoothly. The position requires agood technical understanding of your speciality area and the ability to recoverimpacted services in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for fixingtechnically challenging problems to ensure that incidents do not reoccur.Applying your technical skills to change management and also ongoingmaintenance of the customers IT Infrastructure, this is an ideal position foryou to develop your skills and passion in IT to the next level. You will becomeexperienced in operating a large scale, world class, global, 24/7 ITinfrastructure. This is also a great foundation for your career within HPE andthe wealth of opportunity within.
Role & Responsibility:
- Experience in Middleware supportwhich includes, MQ, MB, WMQFTE, Filenet and other technologies like Data Stage (InfoSphere).
- Experience in MB v 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 and9.0 on different environments like Windows, Linux, AIX, UNIX and HP-UNIX.
- Performance improvement and troubleshooton the issues.
- Data centre Consolidation andTransformation
- Knowledge on other supporttechnologies database, network, and storage.
- IBM Websphere MQ objects Creation.
- Support several Queue Managers andservers on different platforms.
- Experience on MQSeries DistributedQueuing, Clustering with Workload sharing and implementing security.
- Good Experience in DeployingBarflies into specified execution group as per the requirement forapplication team.
- Create Execution Groups and configuredebug, http and https ports for the application team.
- Configure Database Connectivity forthe Broker.
- Create Directories & configureSftp using MQSI
- Stop and Start of Message Flows wheneverApplication team needs.
- Configure JMS and create .bindingsfile for the application team to use in their development.
- Provide Security for MQ and MBEnvironments
- SSLimplementation on MQ & IIB.
- Work closely with the developmentteams to administer load testing and monitoring.
- Product & Fix pack installationsand version upgrades of WebSphere MQ.
- Troubleshooting the issues and ableto handle escalations along with follow the process management and pro-activerisk management.
- Fix several critical issues within SLAsto overcome severe business impact.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science,Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems orequivalent certifications (Middleware Certificates).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experiencewithin IT Operations, infrastructure services support (Middleware components),operational monitoring and/or end user support.
- Minimum of 5 years’ hands-ontechnical knowledge of the applicable technology platform that you will beresponsible for: Middleware Components (MQ, IIB, Filenet, Data Stage).
- Must be able to demonstrateexcellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Goodunderstanding of ITSM\ITIL processes, preferably ITIL trained.
- MUST be willing to work on 24×7rotation
- Team player. Ability to collaborateand cooperate with members of team and members of other teams
Good communication skills, excellentwritten and spoken English skills and Customer centric focus.
- Understanding of 24×7 missioncritical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruptionon a company’s bottom line.
- Able to pro-actively search forsolutions from knowledge bases, support documentation and other information.
- Ability to communicate clearly andin a timely manner with all customers, partners and users, internal andexternal.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritizeassigned tasks, problems and requests in a high pressure environment.
- Hands on experience and basecertification in administration of UNIX and/or Windows:
- Good working knowledge anddemonstrable experience in:
- Apache(n-1) Web Server
- Websphere MQ Series (Mandatory)
- WebSphere AS (Preferable)
- Apache Tomcat
- Experience or certification in anyof the following will be an added advantage
- LDAP Directory
- Websphere Message Broker(Mandatory)
- WebSphere Portal (Preferable)
- FileNet (Preferable)
- DataStage (Preferable)
- Knowledge of HP OPENVIEW and HP OVOmonitoring.
If you arelooking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, thenwe definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via ourCareers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can alsofind us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top