Microsoft Server and VMware Systems Administrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Your key tasks:
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project. Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
- Tasks include installing new systems, firmware and drivers as well as performing configuration and testing activities and participating in customer meetings.
- Provide day to day operational support
- Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
- Uses knowledge tools and reuses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
Education and Experience Required:
3 – 5 years of technical experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Must have a Security cert
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas, Cloud Computing, servers, storage, networks and operations.
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply the appropriately in solutions.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
- In depth knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware ESX 5.x, Microsoft’s HyperV.
- Knowledge of VMware Capacity Planner, and other discovery/modeling tools and techniques at it relates to proposing a virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of security tools and products (e.g. McAfee, Active Directory)
- In depth experience with Microsoft Servers.
- In depth experience with one or more of VMware ESXi 5
- Experience with VMware suite of tools
- Experience with PowerShell a plus
- Broad understanding of networking, system management, Linux and Windows operating systems in the Government market
- Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal) to all management levels within customer organization
- Microsoft, VMware, certifications a plus
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top