Microsoft Ecosystem Solution Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Your key tasks:
Description: The USPS Microsoft Ecosystem Solution Specialist will work alongside a highly skilled set of solution, transformation and delivery experts to assist to engineer, architect and transform our Public sector customers to HPES’s Microsoft Cloud and Productivity based solutions. This person will be responsible to provide solution, engineering, architecture and transformation expertise around the Microsoft Ecosystem components which includes; O365, Windows 10 and EMS. Additionally, this includes hybrid solutions around the Microsoft ecosystem. This resource must have very strong technical knowledge around any number of the required components associated to the Microsoft base platforms such as O365, Windows 10, Azure Cloud, Windows 10 and EMS. This person must have a strong technical background with a high degree of engineering and architecture experience. We’re looking for fresh creative talent that has 2-3 years’ demonstrative experience around the Microsoft Ecosystem.
All responsibilities will be associated to the HPES/Microsoft ecosystem which includes any of the following elements (O365, Windows 10, EMS and Azure Cloud)
- Assist our sales and Solutioning teams to translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Assist Sales and Solutioning teams to match business needs with HP ES Services
- Learns customer environment to balance user, stakeholder and technical needs within a demanding timeline
- Provide deal review and validation of the associated Bill of Labor and Bill of Materials to ensure they are aligned to our standard solutions.
- Provide detailed design and architectural documentation associated to our HPES standard solutions around the Microsoft Ecosystem
- Help to ensure a smooth transition from initial solutioning through implementation, transformation and steady state
- Designs, develops and implements, customer required, changes to our Microsoft solutions or services to improve design
- Collaborates with management, development teams and clients to ensure transformation success
- Provide transition and transformation planning support for our USPS customers
- Assist to plan, create and execute the associated transformation and implementation plan
- Provide implementation and pilot support for our USPS customers.
- Assist USPS Practice organization to define standard tooling and architectures associated to the Microsoft ecosystem
- Assist USPS Practice to identify any solutions gaps, requirements, automation opportunities etc…
- Assist USPS Practice organization to identify and develop roadmaps, requirements and architectures
- Problem-solves for all aspects of the given services and solutions, creates highly useful and usable architectures
- Level 2&3 problem management and troubleshooting
What we expect
Education and Experience Required:
- 8 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11 years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products and services, their functionality and applicability to client environments such as:
- Identity and Access Management: Active Directory Forests, Active Directory Federation Services, Security Permissions & Authentication, Certificates, Tenants, & Interworking of DNS record types
- Mail: Exchange Online, Exchange, Public Folders, Group Calendars, Delegates, LDAP structures and migration techniques (Binary Tree, Quest, Messaging Architects, Migration Wiz, etc.), Large Mail Migrations 10K
- Other MS Platforms: Skype for Business, SharePoint and SharePoint Online Administration & Implementation
- Windows OS (e.g. Windows 10), Distribution systems (e.g. SCCM), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Image creation, App-V
- Base Servers: Windows Server Hardware Architecture, Multiple SAN types, PowerShell Scripting & problem management, Troubleshooting, & Cleanup
- Business acumen to understand the impact IT technology has on business outcome and success
- Has experience in advising clients on Microsoft product and services and can recommend logical transformation Roadmaps.
- Strong influence skills to direct client change and business success
- Highly Proficient in technical architectures, detailed features and functions based on Microsoft products such as Office 365, Enterprise Mobility Services, Azure Cloud, Azure Active Directory and Windows 10.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top