Mgr Systems/Software Engr IV
Mgr Systems/Software Engr IV
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization of multiple subordinate managers and individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates and managing projects for systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and costs for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making
- Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
- Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, including, hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10 or more years of related work experience, including 5 or more years of people management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, teambuilding, conflict resolution, and management.
- Advanced project management skills including time and risk management, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in managing human capital across geographies to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge of multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong understanding of the company's policies and processes.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top