Media and Analyst Relations Internship
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) regional team for media relations and analyst relations as a Media and Analyst Relations Intern. The 13 month marketing communications placement is based in Bracknell, Berkshire, UK, and you will be reporting to the director of Media Relations for Hewlett Packard Enterprise for EMEA based in the UK.
The role involves supporting a regional team in the day-to-day running of public relations, liaising with external agencies in coordinating events and press releases, whilst also searching for press opportunities in order to meet the press coverage targets across the region and managing the pan-EMEA PR address to react to media enquiries.
Key tasks will be to drive press relations and analyst relations activities including analysis of coverage, production of content and organisation of activities. You will be exposed to a demanding role, which offers a valuable insight into the marketing profession as a whole and specifically all aspects of PR and AR.
Regular Tasks for PR support:
- Analysing and producing coverage reports on a quarterly and monthly basis
- Each quarter/month analyse the coverage for Enterprise Business in the UK.
- Final reports of coverage on identified press releases and crises/issues
- Sorting articles on a news coverage tool into certain business units for analysis purposes
- To increase internally the profile of HPE in the news through creating a daily news report that displays relevant news articles about HPE and their competitors
- Support PR agency whenever they need any help. For example filling in the quarterly planning document and media coverage documents.
- Assist with PR projects and events, including logistics support, press pack production, badging and organisational activities as needed
- Attend UK press events as needed to handle logistics, badging, handouts etc
- Drive the press release program including loading press releases to newsroom, proactively communicating to analysts.
- Managing the EMEA PR twitter handle and social media plan, connecting with followers & writing ‘Tweet sheets’ to inform other HPE Twitter accounts to tweet PR related content.
- Manage pan-EMEA PR media hub for countries outside of top markets
- Reactive PR
- Respond to media enquiries
- Keep log of enquiries
- Send weekly updates to pan-EMEA team of requests from that week
Regular Tasks for AR support
- Assist with analyst events:
- Send invitations to analysts and confirm their participation
- Help with logistics including analyst travel, 1-1 meeting schedule, booking meeting rooms, where necessary liaising with suppliers e.g. hotel reservations
- Draft executive briefing book
- On-site assistance for example staff registration desk, staff 1-1 meetings
- On a weekly basis, update and maintain the WIP (Work in Process) document of all analyst interactions (briefings, RFIs, events etc.)
- Attend regular meetings with EB EMEA AR/PR team and Interfuse Agency
- Provide written summaries of analyst reports on an ad-hoc basis (depending on analyst output)
- Ad-hoc support as required on analyst and press events
- Keeping analyst database up to date with interactions
- Report summary of key analyst reports, add in new ones
This is a fantastic opportunity for an intern student to take accountability and prove themselves as strong team member and individual.
Education and Experience Required:
- Potential interns must be in their 2nd year of a 4 year degree which requires (or has an option for) year 3 to be a 1 year’s industrial placement, and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade
- Placement applicants should ideally come from degree courses focused around Business and/or Marketing, however this is not essential.
- Strong time and project management skills with a work ethic to do whatever is required.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to work on own with minimal direct day-to-day supervision
- Confident and self-motivated both individually and in a team.
- Eager to perform and exceed expectations
- Good attention to detail
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, with high degree of personal credibility and professionalism
- Creative, intelligent, proactive, reliable and energetic
- Tolerant to periods of high workload
- Good PC skills – Microsoft PPT, Word, Excel
In addition to the above educational requirements, students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement on or about July 2017.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top