Leading the design efforts for the development of printer mechanical/electrical systems including laser printer, scanners assemblies, automatic document feeders, and control panels, as examples. This will include development of plastic part and sheet metal parts, as well as, coordination of geographic cross-functional issues.
2. Lead the laserjet engine and cartridge specification and qualification for Color and Mono laserjet printers
3. Lead the mechanical design implementation efforts corporate Industrial Design initiatives.
4. Assist in the development and execution of margin and specification test plans during development
5. Investigate and provide countermeasures for mechanically induced image artifacts and other system margin and functionality deficiencies.
Essential skills include
- Strong team work within both technical and non-technical communities
- Ability to organize technical issues and drive to resolution
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Product development documentation practices
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related
- 3 years engineering experience
- Background in laserjet mono and color printing technologies
- Background in image scanning fundamentals
- Background in laserjet cartridge technologies
- General understanding of mechanical induced image defects
- General understanding of document feeder operation and impact on copied image
- Strong CAD/CAM modeling skills (Preference for One Space Designer)
- Plastic design experience
- Strong skills to balance tradeoffs between feature robustness and cost
- Experience with component and material costing tradeoffs
- Tooling and tool design background
- Design for manufacturing principles
- Understanding of Japanese culture
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top