Master Software Architect - Storage
Master Software Architect - Storage
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers come join us!
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Develops organization-wide architectures and methodologies for software systems design and development across multiple platforms and organizations within the Global Business Unit.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and outsourced development partner relationships for alignment with technology roadmap and business value; creates plans for integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership, outsourced development partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing and developing software systems design tools and languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in overall architecture of software systems for products and solutions.
- Designing and integrating software systems running on multiple platform types into overall architecture.
- Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- History of innovation with multiple patents or deployed solutions in the field of software design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at business unit and executive levels.
Brief Job Description:
This requirement is for Software Architect with hands on experience with Computer Science/EE background. This is an opportunity to be part of multi-billion dollar revenue at HPE Storage group and work on HPE's flag ship Storage product(s). This role will required to work on current and next generation Block Storage Array products at HPE.
- Understand software architecture.
- Work with senior Architects to drive architecture and design of complex software subsystems.
- Use software development tools and techniques to develop and verify code.
- Design features independently with/Without architectural direction from Architects.
- Work with other engineers to coordinate requirements and implementation.
- Research technical issues and make solution proposals.
- Write and review design specifications.
- Openly share new ideas and contribute to the overall success of the team
- Candidates to have professional experience with fault tolerant design & High Available architecture
- Good working knowledge of File System/Kernel (UNIX/Linux)
- Working knowledge of RTOS, RAID, disk drive technology, network protocols, device driver development or HW bus programming.
- Knowledge of embedded systems or software control for HW devices is desired as is a track record of following software engineering and Q&A processes.
Knowledge of SCSI/FC/SAS protocols
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top