Manual Quality Engineer
Hewlett PackardEnterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impacton people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfoliothat spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents,engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, createsocial value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning doesnot only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerfulways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. Inaddition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have manyopportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities.You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning andmaximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program whichallows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generationworkforce.
As a unified business, HP Enterprisesecurity products (ESP) is one of the largest and fastest growing security Organizationson the planet! Security, compliance, and risk management is a high growthmarket, and that market is accelerating. Based on market leading products from ArcSight,Fortify, the HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) Platformuniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and networkdefense technology to protect today’s applications and IT infrastructures fromsophisticated cyber threats.
HP Enterprise Security, ArcSightdivision, is a leading global provider of Compliance and Security Managementsolutions that protect enterprises, education and governmental agencies.ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguardtheir assets and processes and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects andcorrelates user activity and event data across the enterprise so thatbusinesses can rapidly identify, prioritize and respond to complianceviolations, policy breaches, cyber security attacks, and insider threats.
ArcSight is a leader in security andcompliance management solutions that intelligently identify and mitigatebusiness risk for enterprises. ArcSight provides the industry’s onlyvendor-neutral solution for real time intelligent identification, prioritizationand network response to external security attacks, insider threats andcompliance breaches.
- Designs test processes and quality assuranceexecution for portions and subsystems of application software, end-userapplications, systems software and firmware running on hardware, local,networked and Internet-based platforms.
- Writes and execute entire testing plans,documentation for assigned portion of application; Identifies and troubleshoot issuesthat are reported.
- Understand feature integration activitiesrequired based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture ofproduct or solution.
- Analyzes design and determines test caseswith steps for automation
- Collaborates and communicates withmanagement, internal and outsourced development partners regarding test status,
- Project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software quality assuranceteam for all phases of larger and complex projects.
- Excellent team player and focus oncollaboration activities. Ability to take up other duties as assigned.
- 5 or more years of direct experience withFunctional testing of Enterprise-class software products, preferably in Java
- Experience in using management tools such asJIRA, HP QC/ALM, Perforce, ANT, Hudson, etc.
- Strong experience with Linux and Windowsoperating Systems
- Strong Experience in creating test plans,detailed test cases, and test schedules
- Strong networking protocols understand andexperience working with network entities
- Organized and process oriented individualwith ability to maintain excellent process/testing documentation and reports.
- Scrum and Agile experience required
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn newtechnology or techniques
- Ability to establish rapport and communicatewith people at all levels of an organization
- Quick learner, strong analytical and problemsolving skills.
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills.Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Possess the ability to be a self-driven quicklearner with attention to details and quality
- Desire experience in at least one of the Webor Java UI automation frameworks such as Selenium.
- Networking and security experience inconfiguring network equipment (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Performance tuning, Monitoring, and debuggingfor software applications and appliances
- Familiar with SIEM products
- Security certifications (ISSEP/CISSP, CSSLLP,CEH, CSA/LPT) are a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelorsor Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Strongtechnical and business English usage of document reading, emails and conferencecalls
- Effectiveverbal and written communication skills.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexibleworking hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterpriseone of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provideequal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving careeropportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in apleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hearfrom you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal atwww.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top