Manager Sales Software (f/m)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster.
With the most comprehensive portfolio in IT industry, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Within the HPE Software Organization Enterprise Security Products (ESP) is a leading global provider of security and compliance management solutions that intelligently identify and mitigate cyber threat and risk for enterprise businesses and government agencies. The product portfolio includes HPE ArcSight, HPE Voltage and HPE Fortify, all market leading technologies providing end-to-end enterprise security from application to network level protection, either as individual products or together as a uniquely integrated enterprise security platform.
HPE Software is looking for a senior Manager Software Sales (f/m) who is able to leverage HPEs software capabilities and the rich portfolio into the top accounts in Germany. High managerial skills are required to act as a role model for his team understanding customer processes and requirements in order to translate these into business processes supported by HPE software portfolio. Through his distinctive leadership we are looking forward to grow the business above the market, thrive against key competitors by developing the best talents in the industry as strategic advisor for your customers. The role will report into the General Management of HPE Germany, Vice President HP Software DACH and will carry a significant part of the overall Software revenue target of the region.
Key responsibilities as Manager Software Sales (f/m) are:
- Strategic sales planning & implementation – Orchestrate the development of mid and long term strategic sales plans that reflect HPEs business strategy, to advance market share/penetration, and achieve profitable growth using competitive intelligence.
- C-level partnering – Contribute to executive relationships at the highest levels of the client’s organization; personally interact with executives; establish professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives.
- Consultative selling – Strategize and coach team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HPE.
- Sales coverage – Build well targeted business plans and strategies for allocated resources and drive sales activities to achieve margin; collaborate within HPE and with the field to prioritize, facilitate and direct the use of resources.
- Pipeline management – Build, monitor and orchestrate sales pipelines to ensure continuous population of near, mid and long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline (3 months rolling); analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
- Deal management – Critically assess deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by HPE back-end operations.
- Business acumen – Exhibit authoritative business, financial and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations, continuously monitor and improve area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with HPEs business direction, the quality of business practices and optimum organization performance.
- People development – Hire, nurture and advance the best people in the industry. Develop top talents that are required to maintain HPE sales force excellence within area of control; sponsor and direct skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Leadership – Model effective selling skills; motivate and support sales teams in selling; demonstrate a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- Coaching & Performance Management – Assess and manage employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; manage performance and results of high and low performers.
- Change management – Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control, while understanding the overall HPE Software strategic direction and portfolio. Assist sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- Industry and client knowledge – Ability to enable rich client dialogue by maintaining an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map HPE capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Span of control – Typically manages a group of ca. 8 direct reports.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced or Master’s degree preferred
- Typically 12 years of experience in sales
- Minimum of 5 years successful software sales management roles and 10 years software sales experience with significant experience in Security Software
- Quota carrying, preferable experience in P&L management
- Proven strategic leadership in changing environment and business requirements
- Directly related management experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals
Knowledge and Skills Required:
In addition to core selling skills proofed track record in the following areas:
- Ability to translate business goals into actionable plans and strategies, setting sales priorities and establishing these as the focus of individual or sales team activities.
- Profound knowledge how to manage business plans to meet revenue goals/quotes, advance the business interests of HPE and to determine if an opportunity is profitable for the company.
- Skill set to apply influence and organizational savvy to advances sales opportunities externally, with clients, and internally within HPE
- Excellent Leadership qualities to attract and hire top talent and develop to performers within HPE and to to lead effectively in a complex and political environment
- Skills to influence without direct authority and balance between competing priorities being flexible and creative
- Ability to drive relationship and best practice sharing with the EMEA team. Position Germany as one of the leading clusters within this region.
- Profound network in Germany to decision makers within top accounts
- Good understanding of partner structures, partner models, Go-to-market with partner models
- Excellent IT market knowledge preferable in similar Software environment as HPE is positioned in
- Fluency in German and English language
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HPE is one of the most attractive employers of the world. Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via our job portal.
Please visite us also on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top