Manager QA Engineering
Manager QA Engineering
Set and maintain quality standards for company products through the use of systematic processes. Develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. May develop tools and environments to automate test execution. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Designs quality assurance and test processes for portions of end-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines test scripts, coding, automation, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software quality assurance engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable and cost-effective testing and quality assurance solutions for assigned software portion.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software quality assurance tools and processes.
- Software testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for software and firmware running on multiple platform types Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top