Manager of Demand and Supply Planning
Manager of Demand and Supply Planning
Defines, manages, and evaluates business plans to ensure they are operationally executable against defined strategic objectives. Leads and partners with cross-functional teams to develop short-term (typically less than two years) business plans and supporting data-driven models. Prepares comprehensive implementation tactics, including execution plans, resource allocation plans, follow-up guidelines, assessment, and process accountabilities. Ensures that business activities are aligned with stated plans among different stakeholders. Sets business metrics, evaluates actual performance, and makes recommendations to business leaders on performance target achievement. Develops data-driven analyses to optimize resources and ensure that business plans can be translated into financial value.
- Leads efforts to develop business and financial plans that enable the execution of business strategies (e.g., implementing new growth initiatives, reducing costs).
- Leads business planning initiatives, including forecasting, life cycle management and supply planning
- Directs and prioritizes important , complex business planning projects by monitoring deliverables and milestones, including developing contingencies to minimize risks and maximize success.
- Partners with business management on a wide range of business issues, including risk management and implementation tactics.
- Manages the development of project guidelines, plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Influences senior management by presenting compelling analyses and recommendations for optimizing business performance.
- Directs large cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Provides innovative recommendations and influences the knowledge base within area of expertise.
- Provides strong leadership, develops and monitors individual and team performance goals, and manages change.
- Ensures proper tools and resources are in place to support team efforts.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 6-10 years of experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First-level university degree. Must have supply chain planning or procurement experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within at least two business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Very strong project management skills, including time and risk management, and project structuring.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Ability to manage human capital to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top