Managed Security Services - Incident Analyst
HP Enterprise Security Services goal is to be the trusted partnerin helping clients manage information security risk. We do this byhelping clients develop security strategy, designing and implementing securitytechnology, and managing and monitoring security infrastructure. Wefocus on service excellence with consistent, globally delivered,standardized services.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Security Services Managed Security Services Americas Security & Service Operations Centre (HP ESS MSS AMS SOC) Provide high quality IT Security Incident Response Analyst service support to HP ESS MSS AMS SOC Clients. This position is based in the Plano SMC AMS SOC located in Plano, Texas USA, working within our fast paced Security Service Operations Centre. Although this role is office based there is a requirement that the candidate be able to drive and have their own transportation. This is due to the location of the office and the off shift hours On-Call coverage that may be required for HP ESS MSS AMS SOC business and client support.
The IT Security Incident Response Analyst is an integral part of the Security Incident Response Process within the Global Security Operations Centre. The primary function of the role will be to provide a technical escalation point during Security Incidents, establishing the extent of the threat, the business impacts and advising the most suitable course of action to contain and eradicate the incident.
In parallel with the incident process the analyst is expected to:
- Maintain a high degree of awareness of current threat landscape,
- Enhance current techniques and identify new methods of detecting threats on our customers’ networks
- Provide leadership and development to the other technical roles within the process
- Present with confidence, findings of an investigation
- As a Security Incident Analyst you must also demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with the other key stakeholders in the incident process, which may include direct to client
- Perform detail analysis of events during the incident process, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of IT Security and Network Threats.
- Provide subject matter expertise to colleagues and projects outside of Security Operations Center
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other Analysts and writing technical articles for Internal Knowledge Bases.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with the Client Security Teams.
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
Come join Hewlett Packard Enterprise, a dynamic ~$60B enterprise technologycompany with a market-leading portfolio spanning IT infrastructure, software,and services. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions thatdrive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of ourclients.
Qualifications & Experience
- An active interest in Internet Security, incident detection, network and systems security.
- Willing to undergo enhanced vetting to SC and DV level, as required.
- Demonstrable experience in network, systems and security monitoring.
- Knowledge of incident process and their design.
- Strong analytical skills.
- At least two years experience in a security monitoring role.
- A motivated, self-managed, individual who can demonstrate above average analytical skills and work professionally with peers and customers even under pressure.
- A sound knowledge of IT security best practices, common attack types and detection / prevention methods.
- Demonstrable experience of analyzing and interpreting system, security and application logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behavior.
- Experience of maintaining a secure network through configuring and managing typical Security Enforcing Devices, such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS devices and knowledge of the type of events they produce.
- In depth experience of other common devices, such as routers and switches.
- Troubleshooting Windows environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exposure to IT service management best practices such as ITIL.
- Experience of using SIEM tools such as ArcSight, LogLogic & Envison.
- Experience of mentoring or coaching members of a team.
- An understanding of Information Security; relating to the Confidentiality, Integrity and availability of information.
- CISSP, GCIA, GCIH certification would be an preferable.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them. Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Full HPE benefits package including state of the art medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life insurance, 3 weeks of PTO and 1 week of optional vacation buy program, 11 paid holidays and additional sick days, RSU discount, employee discount program, etc.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top