Major Incident Manager
Major Incident Manager– Job Description
The DII project is contracted to supply bothhardware and software infrastructure solutions to support the MoD transition toa common base solution, whilst ensuring ongoing connection and support to“legacy” systems and the ultimate transfer of such into the DII solution. Thisis a multi-phased operation involving the development of many new solutions andthe re-implementation of existing products in the DII environment.
OSM Major Incident Management is responsible forthe ownership through to resolution of high severity client impacting outageson behalf of OSM/SIAM.
The OSM Major Incident Manager’s (MIM) keyresponsibilities are to ensure that the required service recovery plans aredeveloped and coordinated across Managed Service Providers, and effectivelycommunicated through to client stakeholders.
The MIM is also responsible for ensuring thecompletion of MI closure activities, and supporting Problem Management asrequired during the RCA.
The role requires the ability to work in a highlypressurized client operational environment, demonstrating full situationalawareness and delivering clear and concise updates at the expected tempo.
The OSM MIM functionally reports to the OSM MajorIncident Management Lead.
- Holding to account Managed Service Providers forservice restoration action plans
- Facilitating Management escalation calls acrossManaged Service providers, engaging at Ops Director level when required.
- Communicating updates to senior client stakeholdersand OSM/SIAM Management
- Accountability for ensuring all Target Supply ChainModel (TSCM) supplier service delivery and service management teams understandthe interfaces within OSM Incident Management.
- Identifying areas of improvements and efficiencies.
- Liaison with other accounts to pick up bestpractices
- Ensuring that all documentation and processes areof ISO 9001 and ISO 20000 standard.
- Experienced ITIL Incident Manager with experienceof identifying and managing the underlying causes of DII Service incidentswhile minimising or preventing disruption to the DII customer. IncidentManagement is a proactive part of the resolution processes and as such willwork very closely with all MSP Incident Managers.
- Responsible for all integral parts of IncidentManagement, including Incident control, Error control, Error Management andgeneral proactive Incident Management by preventing the recurrence orreplication of incidents or known errors. The role requires a good appreciationof all the roles within the Service Delivery MSP Teams.
- The Major Incident Manager will assist the OSM Leadto ensure that all incident managed and coordinated with Problem Management toprevent reoccurrence of incident, including the updating the full details ofthe solution and (if appropriate) the workaround on the Knowledge Base andassociated existing Work Instructions accordingly.
- Working normally 09:00 until 17:00 either inNewcastle or on the Customer site as required. There will be a requirementto work within the site’s normally operating hours of 0700 to 1900. There areperiods of on call when out of hours call out and response on site may berequired as a point of escalation as part of the OSM team.
- A security clearance must be gained and retained asa condition of employment.
- Each member of the OSM team will work with aculture of Continuous Improvement in-line with ITIL standards,creating/updating Processes and Work Instructions accordingly.
- Operational Major/Critical Incident Managementexperience.
- Ability to cope under pressure in a highly visibleenvironment
Ability to work under their own initiative without constantguidance
- Working Knowledge ofITIL
- Familiarity with secure system development and MODand Government security standards.
Creating the necessary documentation.
- Storing the outputs in the DII Knowledge Managementsystem.
- Investigating Incidents using the 5Y’s to identifyRoot Cause.
- Construction of workarounds to minimize anydisruption to DII customer
- Adhering to the appropriate DII standards andprocedures.
- Ability to work in close co-operation with customerand MSP staff.
Desirable Skills /Experience:
- DII experience.
- Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience of technologies usewithin the service VMWare, Active Directory, HP Radia, Windows etc.
- Good personal interfacingabilities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top