Major Account Manager
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Major Account Manager (MAM) to join our team.
The MAM is responsible for new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory, overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country to achieve quota.
The MAM will plan and direct all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing and training. The MAM requires working on complex technical projects and or business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or industry know-how.
- Establish short and long term goals plus quotas in line with corporate objectives
- Sell products to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contact prospective customers to determine product needs and perform sales presentations to match company’s products and identified needs
- Prospect and develop business, respond to RFPs, and develop proposals for presentation to customer
- Coordinate account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development
- Remain knowledgeable of Aruba Networks products to facilitate sales effort
- Responsible for pre-sales function as needed
- Communicate goals in “solution” or project goal terms
- Maintain sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Provide follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided
- Maintain a 90 day rolling forecast
- Manage all aspects of the evaluation program
- Understand competition in region and general business climate
- Possess and continually develop and maintain the strongest of skills through advanced training, study and work experience
- Continually work on being self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist
- Become the in-house expert on specific technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in business or sales management required.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years selling experience in high tech sales required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly required.
- Highly motivated sales starter and ability to work independently required.
- Proven impressive ability to find ways over, under, around & through barriers required.
- Must be extremely sensitive & adaptive to both stated and unstated customer needs.
- Experience creating focused, collaborative, results-driven teams (internal & partners)
- Proven, consistent over achievement of sales quotas required
- Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations required.
- Ironclad integrity required.
- Ability to manage multiple objectives, tasks and clients required.
- Ability to prospect and qualify potential accounts required.
- Proven ability to be self-taught required, as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of experience selling networking solutions preferred
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top