Mainframe Performance/Capacity System Programmer
Responsible for reporting and forecasting client workloads at an LPAR level. Will generate IBM sysplex compliance reports. Participates in mainframe workload placement support for data center consolidations. Will provide technical assistance on capacity management and technology solutions within a team environment.
- Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Support with capacity management.
- Provide performance and capacity analysis on client LPAR Handle ITIL Capacity
- Management best practices in availability, configuration and service level reporting during project development phases.
- Analysis and forecasting on changes to capacity requirements.
- Maintain IBM sysplex compliance.
- Generate IBM sysplex compliance reporting.
- Handle systems adjustments efficiently within project specifications.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5 years of Mainframe z/OS work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (3 years additional experience without degree).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with performance and/or capacity management on mainframe technologies (z/OS, DB2, CICS, IMS).
- Experience with the following programming languages: IBM, JCL, REXX, and SAS.
- Experience with the following tools: RMF, SMF, MICS, MXG, CA7, CA-Endevor, OPCA, MS Word, Excel, PPT, WLM, TDS, VTS, and Coupling Facility.
- Experience with the following software: IBM RMF, SMF, z/OS, WLM, CA MICS, and MXG.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top