Mac Packaging Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Mac Packaging Engineer
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design. Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Understand a broad spectrum of company technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Often leads small to medium technical projects. Work with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives. Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate.
- Provide technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment. Provide advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Provide technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
- Lead in planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
- Communicate across client community and is viewed as adding value. Demonstrate execution of the company strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge tools and communities and ensure project learning’s are documented and shared. Role models Focuses on single customer. Solve diverse and complex. May lead a project team.
Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study and 5 years of professional experience; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (8 years in total).
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise. Experience in leading a small team in delivery of a specific deliverable.
- Mastered at least one technical discipline with strong knowledge in at least three major technology areas. Possess advanced level of business, technical or functional knowledge.
- Ability to perform/drive resolution of problems on combinations and interactions of products. Apply technology and consulting to solve a client business problem.
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues with assurance and confidence.
- Demonstrate the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport and influencing.
- Conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with clients on small to medium sized engagements.
- Own and produce customer documentation. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work and proposals.
- Discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with a customer and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, be able to develop a high level design or plan and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Advice the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
- Work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top