Title: Logistics Specialist
Department: Global Logistics
Reports To: Global Logistics Mgr.
Key Interfaces: Customers, Customer Delivery, FAMs and
Account Managers, LSP’s
HP Financial Services (HPFS) is the leasing and lifecycle asset management services business unit of Hewlett Packard, offering a full range of financial services solutions. HPFS ranks among the largest IT financial services organizations in the world. We make it easy and economical for clients to deploy world-class technology in ways that meet their business needs, and help them manage the risk of dealing with older or surplus IT equipment. This is a fast-growing, dynamic business supported by an employee community of over 1,100 highly-skilled professionals doing business in more than 40 countries worldwide.
This position is part of the HPFS Asset Management team which is the lifecycle management arm of HPFS. It is chartered to maximize value of off-lease equipment, facilitate the lease or sale of new equipment by removing customers’ existing equipment, and drive additional shareholder value through its various services including the remarketing of pre-owned certified HP product into the secondary market and Trade-In promotions.
Works with all customers and logistics service providers to ensure shipments are picked-up and packaged from our customer locations and delivered accurately and timely to the end destination. Provide world class customer service and logistical solutions.
Works directly with HPFS Global Logistics Team
Interacts with (phone and email):
- Leasing Customer Delivery team, including CRS’s
- Asset Recovery Services (ARS) team, including Customer Delivery Specialist’s
- All customers
- Transportation providers
- Internal and external processing centers
Customer returns management
- Monitor returns mailbox(s) for new quote requests and new customer pick up/return requests
- Contact customer to discuss return instructions and gather customer site details
- Manage shipment against customer requirements
- Schedule equipment pick-up
- Contact carrier to discuss return requirements, transportation processes and instructions.
- Track equipment from customer to warehouse
- Track shipment using HPFS Logistics Portal and carrier tracking reports
- Update system with proper shipment details
- Pick-up dates
- Pick-up issues
- Final pick-up costs
- Manage shipment costs and customer invoicing
- Process freight claims as required.
- Collaborate with associates to improve efficiency, productivity and processes
- Lead projects as needed
- Assist colleagues with scheduling and tracking lease and ARS returns, as needed
- Strong customer service skills, prefer logistics/transportation experience
- Excellent PC skills with experience on Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, outlook, access is a plus)
- Understanding of supply chain management, trucking, warehousing, inventory management and shipping/receiving
- Excellent phone skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Team Player
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top