Local Support Technician-Windows7 (TS/SCI FS POLY Clearance)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Provide remote system administration support, system maintenance, and operation of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure utilizing Citrix, VM Ware, and Windows 7.
Utilize remote login capability to perform analysis on end user account and thick client desktop computers to determine suitability for migration into the virtual infrastructure. Perform migration of end user account into virtual environment, perform operational check to verify proper operational performance, provide operational overview of virtual service to end user, troubleshoot any problems and ensure end user is left in full operational state. Work with customers to resolve desktop problems and service requests such as software installations, remotely, using tools such as SMS, Remote Desktop Connection, Active Directory, etc.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Position requires a minimum of 4 years of experience with technical background supporting windows based desktop operating systems. An operational understanding of windows 7 and remote login capability required. Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills are a must have in this position.
- Must have excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with end users over the phone.
- Understanding of Virtual desktop technologies required
- Must be an independent worker requiring a minimum of direct supervision to accomplish tasking
- Use/Knowledge of the Remedy Ticketing system is a plus
- Must have software installation and troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Exchange knowledge and troubleshooting required
- Use/knowledge Microsoft Office Applications
- Use/knowledge of Active Directory
- Use/knowledge Network and Internet Applications and Protocols
- Ability to handle fast paced high pressure environment required
- Must be able to adapt to a dynamic work environment and accept change as a routine activity.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top