Linux System Administrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
Candidate will be responsible for monitoring and subsequent handling of all issues on all Linux servers and Linux based services. Furthermore he/she will take care of the Linux server installations, upgradation, migrations and backups,
- Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas/customer groups.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for HPE and for customers.
- Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently
Education and Skills Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field.
- 3-5 yrs. of experience in Linux Administration experience (RedHat 6.X, 7.X / Ubuntu / Centos) Linux administration experience (OS and software installation)
- Knowledge in Linux troubleshooting (L2 level)
- Specialization level knowledge LVM, Kickstart and Building the servers using ISO
- Installation and configuration of NFS, SAMBA, DHCP, LDAP, TFTP and FTP
- Installation and configuration of Kickstart and PXE services.
- Knowledge of NFS protocol and tuning
- Basic knowledge of SAN, NAS and HBA.
- Good problem-solving skills using system data such as SAR, I/O stat, tcpdump, etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL process to understand Service Request, Incident and change management.
- Knowledge on applying patch and security changes per policy
- Knowledge on puppet servers
Additional Knowledge& Skills
Experience in administering SAN, NAS storage and Netbackup a plus
Exposure with cloud & virtualization technologies a plus
Identify, manage, and lead escalations through L2
Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/HPIT infrastructure needs.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top