Linux Senior Platform Engineer with Scripting
Linux Senior Platform Engineer with scripting
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
As a Linux Project Engineer, you take over responsibility for the delivery of excellent Linux services towards the trade customers managed by your team. The main goal is to minimize the amount of unplanned downtime in the customer’s production environment and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes the lead or participation in technical projects, consulting and development of standards in your area of expertise as well as the delivery of support services.
Moreover he has the responsibility for complex LINUX environments, is responsible for all change management on LINUX and hardware level in these environments. He also is responsible for the optimization and proactive support. The LINUX Project Engineer is responsible to work on LINUX complex incidents, identify and solve 3rd level problems, keep contact to the customer, coordinator of data center, technician and network incident and implementation activities. According to our service level agreements we commit to our customers short response times and to fix problems within a given timeframe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consultation, implementation (designing system solutions based), system management
- Build, Manage, Configure and Administer LINUX operating systems
- Creating system documentation
- Identification and problem solving
- Coordination of support teams in order to ensure high availability, capacity and customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to collaborate and work in teams
- Participating in rotating, “on call” duty with team members
- Educational background: university degree (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems etc.) or equivalent experience in IT or relevant business area.
- Min. 5 years of engineering and operational experience with Linux operating system installation, administration — Linux
- Significant system administration experience in a production LINUX operating system environment
- Experience with architecting solutions, storage and other Unix technologies a plus
- Good understanding of high availability environments a plus
- Good Project management skills; Ability to coordinate tasks with several people, teams, departments; Commitment to timelines and effort
- Good cross-cultural team player. Used to working in international environment, with numerous servers, Experience in an international environment is an advantage
- Ability to understand and explain technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Aptitude to learn new tools and technologies very quickly and adapt to changing project deliverables
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
Pre-screening questions (Linux)
1> How Many Years of Experience do you have in anyone (Linux)?
5yrs relevant experience with Redhat or SuSE – Mandate
2> Have your installed Linux servers using Kickstart or YUM?
Linux server Installation experience is mandatory
3> Do have knowledge on cluster (MCSG or RCS)?
Knowledge on clusters is highly preferred
4> Do have knowledge managing virtual Linux (on VM hosts)?
Knowledge on managing virtual servers is highly preferred.
5> Do have knowledge on Blade servers and administration?
Knowledge on blade server administration is preferred.
6> Technology certification in Linux (RHEL or SuSE)?
Technology certification (mandatory) for atleast one RHEL or SuSE;
process certification (optional)
7> Are you ready for 24/7 and rotational night shifts?
Yes candidate should be ready for 24/7 Shifts
8> How many years of experience on Shell or Perl scripting?
Mandatory, minimum 2 yrs.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
- (strong) understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- (developing) understanding of other technology sub-areas
- General understanding of related technologies
- (strong) Customer Service
- General Project Management
- (developing) Influencing Others
- (developing) Customer/Vendor Management
- (developing) Business Analysis
- (developing) General Financial Management
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top