Legal Counsel IT (f/m)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s Office of the General Counsel (OGC) has approximately 500 employees worldwide in 40 countries. We provide legal advice and support that help our clients achieve the company’s business objectives in a manner that complies with applicable legal and ethical standards. Our practice areas include supporting all Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s business units as well as Ethics & Compliance, Litigation, Global Functions, Intellectual Property, Corporate, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions as well as the support of all global regions.
The German legal department of Hewlett Packard Enterprise in Böblingen is looking for the following addition to its team:
Legal Counsel IT (f/m)
- Provide qualified legal support and strategic advice to HPE clients internally
- Draft, review and negotiate various kinds of business agreements and other legal documents, including structuring, negotiating and closing complex deals, occasionally in multi-country transactions
- Identify, analyze and resolve complex legal issues with solution-oriented focus while pragmatically balancing risk
- Acts as Legal Counsel for Germany and on a case-by-case basis also internationally
- Manage third party disputes and litigation working closely with business
- Support on regulatory and compliance matters, such as anti-corruption, public procurement and competition law, to help prevent non-compliance and mitigate business risks in these areas
- Promote legal awareness and lead legal training to business teams, managers and team members
- Collaborate seamlessly with the wider legal team outside of Germany providing advice and information to other teams such as Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy, Government Relations, Security, HR and Intellectual Property
Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced degrees in German law (1st and 2nd state examination)
- 2 to 5 years of post-qualification commercial legal experience in an international law firm and/or in a legal department of a multinational company; applications from professionals with IT / IP law background and a strong business acumen will be favorably considered
- International legal experience and/or education will be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Ability to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications
- Broad and deep knowledge of local/regional laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Fluent in German and English (written and spoken) – additional other European languages skills are welcome
- Willingness to travel (approx. 20%)
To be successful in this role there are a number of personal characteristics we think you must have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Sense of humor
- Strong commercial and business interest
- Ability to see the bigger picture, always with the customer focus at heart
- Energetic and proactive approach
- Sense of pragmatism and can do attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong team orientation, still being comfortable operating independently
Due to extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, HPE is one of the world’s most attractive employers.
Has your interest been awakened? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application via our job portal on Job Number 1616964.
Follow us: www.facebook.com/hpecareers
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top