- For over 75 years, Hewlett-Packard (HP) has been a global technology leader. Throughout its rich history, HP has continuously reinvented itself. Recently, HP has announced that in November 2015, it will separate itself into two new industry leading Fortune 50 companies. The current HP Enterprise Services business unit will become a new publicly traded company called Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). This transaction has created several new opportunities at HPE for business-oriented attorneys who seek a dynamic transactional practice in the rapidly evolving IT sector.
HPE will continue to innovate IT solutions for large corporate and government clients and will remain focused on the empowering technology and transformative ideas that move its clients forward faster. Agility, openness, and partnership with customers will be HPE hallmarks, and should be the principles that inspire your daily law practice.
In addition to having law school credentials and relevant contract drafting experience, you understand how to partner with clients to craft legal and business solutions that protect HP from risks presented by cutting edge legal and regulatory issues, while simultaneously moving HP’s business forward.
You would join the HP Office of General Counsel (OGC) global legal organization in HPE’s Bangalore, India office. The OGC prides itself on adding strategic value to HP by providing sophisticated counsel and laying the foundation for an ethical culture. The OGC is a world-class team that hires, retains and develops talent in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
In this role, you will be part of the in-house team serving world-wide internal and external clients. The main responsibilities are:
- Be a key link in drafting, editing and amending legal contracts in a virtual environment
- Use technology to improve the process for WW contracting processes
- Act as a team member to the contract owner to develop the contractual and legal mechanisms required by HPE to offer emerging technological solutions to its customer base World-Wide.
- Provide legal guidance and support in the resolution of client and regulatory disputes as they arise
As a successful candidate, you will have
- An advanced university degree in law and mastery of the English Language.
- from 3-8 years of major law firm or in-house legal department experience representing clients in complex corporate transactions, with experience in IT transactions and/or representing major IT companies a plus;
- Experience from Legal Process Outsourcing considered a plus
- Demonstrated mastery in drafting, negotiating, and advising clients on commercial or corporate issues, with subject matter expertise in contracts drafting.
- Have the desire to be an agile, collaborative, and forward-thinking advisor and business leader; and the ability to transact business in English to business standard.
HPE will be one of the world’s largest technology companies, and the OGC is one of the world’s largest corporate legal departments. The OGC is committed to driving innovation and delivering excellence in supporting HPE’s business interests. This opportunity will present the successful candidate with many development and career growth opportunities based on interest level and performance. HPE is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top