Lead Solution Architect
Lead Solution Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge in DWH, Data Management and/or Analytics to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert.
Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Architect custom solutions of project scope.
- Customize reusable solutions of project scope.
- Oversee the implementation and governance of architectures of project scope.
- Develop for client technically feasible long-term solution, strategies and plans.
- Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies.
- Identify and address technical or operational risks.
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for the project.
Education and Experience
- Industry experience – 5 years to 10 years with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 Years implementing, managing and advising solutions relating to DWH, Data Management, BI and/or Analytics, in medium to large projects.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to understand the customer’s business problem, need, or opportunity and to design a solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to lead a team of consultants/developers in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems meets technical requirements and specifications.
- Applies appropriate methodologies and SME knowledge to resolve complex business issues.
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology.
- Deep knowledge in DWH and BI concepts
- Master data management and Data Governance experience
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Fundamentals; exposure to Enterprise Architecture software tools desirable.
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements (“trusted advisor” role).
- Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions.
- Expert level of knowledge of specific technologies, IT operations, or IT disciplines .
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability.
- Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and CIO, CTO level.
- Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer’s senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top