Lead Financial Analyst
As a Lead Financial Analyst you will be responsible for end to end financial leadership on one or several Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services Accounts. You will directly support Account Executives responsible for the contracts with HPE customers in a business that generates almost $9B of annual Revenues in the EMEA region. You will be given a broad scope of responsibilities, including end to end ownership of an Account’s P&L and Balance Sheet, leading the forecasting, budgeting and month end close processes, risks & opportunities management as well as, when required, providing commercial or dispute resolution support. You will directly interact, amongst others, with Account Executives, Account Business Management, Country Business Leadership, Finance Directors and Managers, Controllership Organization, Procurement and Revenue Recognition experts.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services provides services and solutions to manage both the technical components and the business aspects of an enterprise’s infrastructure including IT, business processes and applications. ES delivers value across IT services in seven main areas: Workplace and Mobility Solutions; Workload and Cloud Solutions; Analytics and Data Management; Projects and Application Services; Enterprise Security; Business Process Services and Industry Solutions to 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 business and government clients in 90 countries.
About ES Finance
We deliver world-class financial support to the Enterprise Services business providing analytical insights into performance, opportunities and risks. We are a trusted partner to the business and assist them in all areas of financial performance visibility including forecasting, budgeting and analytics. When required we actively take part in dispute resolutions and commercial negotiations with Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services customers. Our charter also encompasses providing accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities including US GAAP Revenue Recognition and external financial reporting standards. We are committed to operational excellence, people development, and innovation.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the Account business management by directly leading the financial management of the assigned contracts or areas of responsibility.
- Leading the Forecast/Month-End-Close cycle for assigned contracts; completing variance analysis, reporting and being the subject matter expert for financials of the accounts assigned or areas of responsibility.
- Development of financial modeling to evaluate the accounts cost base relative to the Plan of Record, Budget and Forecast expectations. Manage productivity analysis and reporting.
- Manage financial impacts within the accounts – including HPE employees, contractors, 3rd party contracts, and hardware and software procurement. Provide decision support.
- Leading active Balance Sheet management and owning the Balance Sheet integrity and reconciliation process.
- Execute ad-hoc financial analysis to support accounts and corporate/regional initiatives.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to lower level analysts.
- Typically 4 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
- Excellent computer skills in general, especially Excel. Knowledge of Macros/VBA is a plus.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written). Any additional language is an asset but not a requirement.
- Strong analytical and business application skills.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead others in a process, and work with a team to synchronize and develop a common understanding.
- Good business acumen.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work flexibly & independently.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Result oriented.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top