Lead Cloud Engineer
Lead Cloud Engineer
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture.
- Leads a project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects. Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Essential Job Requirements
- System Management / Server virtualization Domain knowledge.
- Demonstrated strong technical expertise & innovative leadership
- Demonstrated effective planning and estimating skills for software/systems specification, design, programming and testing.
- Track record of delivering professional results on schedule.
- System Management / Server Virtualization - Hypervisors and Containers domain knowledge.
- 6-10 years in software engineering (analysis, design and object-oriented programming) absolutely essential.
- Working experience and proficiency with Go and Python programming language
- Virtualization technologies including VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen etc.
- Container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos
- Expertise in technologies like SOAP, REST,
- Expertise in tools like GIT, Gerrit, Jenkins
- Preferred ability to work close with hardware using above technologies
- Experience on Database (Oracle/SQLServer).
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration skills across sites and organizational boundaries
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top