Junior Unix Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HP Enterprise Services is the global business and information technology services division of Hewlett-Packard. As one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries, we help clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise in Bulgaria has established an IT Operations Centre, which developed into one of the top Delivery Centers for Infrastructure Management Services operating World Wide. The impeccable service quality, along with traditional hard working, won us a leading industry position for less than three years of operation.
We are looking for Unix Administrators with 1 to 3 years of experience.
Your daily challenge will be deploying servers, identifying and solving problems, working on complex environment, implementing changes, coordinating implementations and system management.
- Fluent in English language
- Team player
- Analytical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Service oriented behavior and good communication skills to internal and external clients
- Practical experience in Project Management
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year practical experience in Unix administration
- ITIL v3 Foundation certificate
- Good knowledge in at least one of the operating systems listed below:
- Linux (RHEL or SLES only)
- Good knowledge in at least one of the technologies listed below:
- HP LVM
- Linux LVM
- Veritas VxFS, VxVM
- Solaris Volume Manager
- IBM Volume Manager
- Certification in any of the operating systems or technologies listed above is considered as advantage
- Basic Storage and Network Knowledge
We offer a challenging role including:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to work with the cutting-edge technologies and products in state of the art enterprise environments, providing services to variety of world-wide customers’ infrastructure
- Opportunity to develop and grow in your career as a Technical Designer in the Unix/Linux field
- Various opportunities of training and certification in enterprise grade technologies
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today – we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
This is to inform you that Hewlett Packard GDBC EOOD (HPE) is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HPE takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HPE may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HPE. HPE can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top