Junior Project Manager
Project management and localization/translation business experience is surely an advantage, still the focus lies in ability of a candidate to deal with multiple parties of various nationalities, in virtual teams, to take ownership of a project, to coordinate things, to communicate efficiently, to absorb the new facts quickly, gain orientation in the environment and processes on the go, be active and ask immediately if stucked.
The role is about managing localization projects to deliver translation services on rather broad portfolio of contents to in-house and external customers of HPE’s Application Content and Globalization organization.
Activities count planning and monitoring of project progress, having an oversight on scope and budget, managing translation vendors and reviewers.
He/she is expected to keep him/her-self up to date with the latest localization industry trends and technologies, interact with colleagues and customers while following the defined process of service delivery.
This is a customer-facing position.
- Manage technical localization projects end-to-end
- Analyse scope
- Deliver price quotation
- Assist in project launches for new customers or products by creating project localization kits (process definitions)
- Gain knowledge of customer environment to be able to act as a consultant and propose best solutions, come up with innovation ideas
- Deal with multiple parties, customers, vendors
- Maintain good relationship with customers and achieve their satisfaction by assuring on-time, on-budget delivery at the level of quality expected
- Maintain project profitability
- Conduct regular status meetings, report on status to Delivery lead
- Practice knowledge sharing culture
What we offer:
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Exciting opportunity of career and professional development
- Working for one of the most admired international companies in challenging and dynamic environment
- Possibility to work in an international environment
- Regular professional trainings
- Foreign language classes
- Reimbursement of costs of participation in a sport club
- Life insurance
- Possibility to work from home
Expected skills and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Economics, Business Engineering (computer science, technical writing, etc), IT or equivalent, can be also a linguistic education
- Manage, organize, drive, request, collect, plan, monitor, achieve
- Take ownership of project delivery, issues, attention to detail, timeliness sensitivity, goal orientation
- Communicate efficiently, clearly, healthy dose of assertiveness
- Contribute to a good team climate
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Nice to have skills and experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in IT, localization or translation business, project management
- Experience with Localization Tools (Idiom, Trados, WorldServer and Translation Management Systems, Machine Translation)
- Management of localization vendors, either companies or freelancers
- Working in virtual teams
- Sensitivity to cultural differences
- Engineering experience, e.g. software, DTP, multimedia, document management
- Other than Slovak or English language skill
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top