Junior Presales Solution Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
We are looking for a junior Solution Architect (SA) to join our team. The SA is responsible for working with the sales team to position HPE products and services to meet the technical and business requirements of the customer. The person who performs this role is a trusted advisor to customers seeking to make strategic IT investments.
- 1 year training will be provide for this Junior Presales Role
- Fresh graduate or 1 year experience candidate are welcome to apply
- After 1 year of guided training, the candidate will be able to be deployed to support the EAM and Sales specialist.
- After 1 year of guided training, the junior SA will provide proactive consultative engagement to create/discover opportunities leveraging ESSN Converged Infrastructure and Converged Cloud messaging with strategic ISV solutions like SAP; Microsoft; RedHat; Oracle
- Target Corporate, Enterprise, large Commercial and Hunting Accounts and leads technical leadership and strategy to influence customer strategy and buying criteria
- Broad understanding of the customer business challenges and needs to be an effective technical advisor engaging at customer CIO/Data Center Manger to drive ESSN marketing initiatives
- Leads engagements and be the overall ESSN solution architect to win in competitor installed base
The SA is responsible for working with the sales team to position HPE products and services to meet the technical and business requirements of the customer. The person who performs this role is a trusted advisor to customers seeking to make strategic IT investments.
The SA typically interacts with IT Directors and Engineers, but may also work with senior executives. The person hired must be highly professional and possess excellent communication skills. This is a customer facing position, thus the person filling this role must effectively represent the values of HPE.
This role is primarily focused on pre-sales activities and may require to work with Post Sales on some transition and post-sales activities. The bullets below describe many of the duties that can be expected of the SA:
- Delivers presentations that focus on HPE ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Network). These presentations typically focus on technical aspects of HPE products and may include performing a demonstration of HPE products.
- Understands the competitive landscape and positions the strengths of HPE products relative to the competition.
- Facilitates technical workshops with customers and partners to understand requirements and help the customer design a storage strategy that meets its current and future needs.
- Works with the Sales Specialist to develop and maintain an account plan, which focuses on identifying opportunities to sell HPE product and services.
- Uses HPE sizing and configuration tools and processes to design and configure solutions that are supportable and meet Green-zone specifications. Provides the Sales Specialist with the output from standard tools, so the components can be integrated into a customer quote.
- Documents the technical solutions and illustrate the configuration using tools such as Visio.
- Works with the Sales team to respond to RFPs and RFQs.
- Defines and documents the process to implement the product into production, including a test plan, dependencies, and implementation timelines.
- Answers technical questions and provides technical training to customers and partners during POCs.
- Works with the sales team to create and maintain account planning documents for top strategic accounts. Reviews plan with sales team on a regular basis.
- Maintains an inventory of HP products used by the customer. Utilize this information to pro-actively upgrade products at the appropriate time.
- Maintains an above average understanding of the storage portfolio, The SA Role includes:
- Assists peers by sharing information and training others in area of expertise.
- Develops technical curriculum for training peers, partners and customers.
- Performs technical product demonstrations.
- Represents HPE as a Technical Expert for the product.
- To assist peers during the sales cycle.
- Partners effectively with the account and other members of the HPE to ensure problem resolution of customer satisfaction. This may include participating in post-sales activities, such as customer escalations. The SA may be asked to assist Technical Services or other 3rd party suppliers to identify and correct performance and reliability issues.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fresh graduate for University or typically 1 year experience as Technical Consultant, Engineer
- Must have interest in Information Technology with an emphasis in Enterprise Storage and Data Protection technologies.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top