Java J2EE Developer
Java J2EE Developer
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of end-user applications software running on local, networked, and Internet- based platforms.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned applications portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years experience.
- Excellent programming, debugging and troubleshooting skills using Java, with demonstrable effective working in these areas for at least 3 years tackling different design & implementation for client – server applications involving different open source and third party products.
- In depth Experience in design/development of web application using JAVA/J2EE technologies with demonstrable ability of independently handling the implementation and effectively interacting with leads for effective design.
- Java based application development and debugging.
- Experience in building GUI interfaces and implementation using GUI frameworks
- Writing maintainable and scalable code using Java/J2EE.
- Designing and implementing new features in a highly scalable and maintainable manner
- Developing data models.
- Experience in RDBMS (ORACLE, PostGres DB, MySql preferred). Demonstrable working with Object Oriented databases would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of Jetty AS or any other Application server
Core Java 7/8, J2EE, Servlets, Spring, Hibernate, SQL/PLSQL, , Rest/SOAP Web services
Optional / Good to have / desirable:
- Experience in third party product integration.
- Working knowledge on Linux preferable Scripting languages such as Shell scripting
- Knowledge on Linux OS & rpm tools will be an added advantage.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top