Java Developer (TS/SCI CI POLY Clearance required)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise has an immediate need in our US Public Sector Consulting Organization for a Software Engineer – Java Developer in Chantilly, VA.
The Java Developer will design, develop and install software solutions. Java Developer will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. The Java Developer must be experienced using and implementing best practices and understand the Java development life cycle.
This position will be part of a talented team that is responsible for the ongoing maintenance, growth and development. Java software engineers to build high-valued custom solutions for our customers. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with strong work habits and have mid-level career experience in JAVA applications. The candidate will drive innovation on a number of different technologies critical to building mobile solutions.
- Ability to apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues.
- Usually works on complex problems or projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Regularly exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to employees at lower job levels.
- Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Implements the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager.
- Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Must have an active TS/SCI CI Poly clearance to be considered
- Experience with Java Software Development
- Experience developing solutions in a Linux infrastructure
- Experience building interactive applications on that access back-end services
- UI design and layout
- Understanding of SCRUM Agile Development
- Strong proficiency in Software Development Fundamentals, e.g., object oriented design, data structures, algorithms, networking, design patterns
- Successful delivery and performance on at least one Java development program
- Working knowledge and familiarity with:
o Software Architectures (Client/Server, SOA, OSI)
o Java Development: J2EE, JDBC, JSP, JUnit, Maven
o Web Communications: SOAP, WSDL, REST, JSON, AJAX
o Database: SQL Server, Oracle
o Software Design – object oriented design, design patterns, UML
o Networking, OSI
o Internationalization and Localization
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python, Perl, or PHP
8 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11 years in total).
- Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
- Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
- Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top