Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Your key tasks
- Gather business requirements and translate them to technical solutions
- Perform estimating, coding, debugging, and testing
- Research application/software problems and determine root causes, proposing and implementing solutions
- Define objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle
- Determine design methodologies
- Complete programming using languages and software products; design and conduct tests
- Integrate applications establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers
- Create multimedia applications by using appropriate authoring tools
What do we expect?
- Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or computer field
- Three or more years of software development experience, including experience in the complete software development lifecycle using methodologies such as waterfall, iterative, and Agile
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Must have experience developing and testing (Junit) Java applications
- Web application development using Core Java/J2EE, JSP, and Servlets is required
- UI development experience using HTML, Java script Framework, CSS, and Ajax is required
- Experience with Web Services development using REST/SOAP and JSON/XML and integration is required
- Experience with relational databases as well as scripting in SQL, PL/SQL is required.
- Knowledge of object oriented design principles, MVC concepts, and data and object models is also required
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms.
- Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to handle direct customer interaction professionally.
- Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn emerging technologies.
- Experience with performance tuning for applications is a plus
- Experience with Web model view controller (MVC) frameworks such as Struts and Spring MVC
- Experience with Hibernate
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Maven, and Sonar
- Knowledge of SCM tools like GIT and Subversion.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top