JAVA Back End Developer Specialist level
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
- Primary responsibility will be centered on developing UI for HP ArcSight’s products namely ESM/Express. This includes, but is not limited to, developing, enhancing, maintaining, and executing feature development which utilize shared libraries, tools, and scripts in an Object Oriented environment.
- Working closely with functional test team to design, develop, and contributing to making products more easily usable.
- Additional responsibilities include working closely with development to reproduce problem reports and customer issues, setting up and maintaining test environments, and completing technical reviews of product documentation.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding development status.
- Project progress, issue resolution and good understanding of agile methodologies.
- Represents the software development team for all phases of larger and complex projects.
- Excellent team player and focus on collaboration activities.
- Ability to take up other duties as assigned.
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language JAVA
- 3 years of software development with enterprise-class software or related high volume web application
- With 3 years of experience in at least one of the JAVA Core technologies:
- Tools API
- Java Web Services creation
- Performance tuning, Monitoring, and debugging for software applications.
- Experience on Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with relational and/or nosql databases especially MySQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven quick learner with attention to detail and quality
- Work closely with Manual QA team and Automation QA teams
- Organized and process oriented individual with ability to maintain excellent process/design documentation and reports.
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques
- Experience with source code management tools like Perforce or Git
- Networking and security experience in configuring network equipment (firewalls, switches, routers)
- Exposure to Core Java, good understanding of concepts like garbage collection, multithreading
- Possess the ability to be a self-driven quick learner with attention to details, quality and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Strong technical and business English usage of document reading, emails and conference calls
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Java development training, certification is a plus.
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top