Java Back End Developer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
As a unified business, HP Enterprise security products (ESP) is one of the largest and fastest growing security Organizations on the planet! Security, compliance, and risk management is a high growth market, and that market is accelerating. Based on market leading products from ArcSight, Fortify, the HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) Platform uniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and network defense technology to protect today’s applications and IT infrastructures from sophisticated cyber threats.
HP Enterprise Security, ArcSight division, is a leading global provider of Compliance and Security Management solutions that protect enterprises, education and governmental agencies. ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets and processes and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects and correlates user activity and event data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidly identify, prioritize and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches, cyber security attacks, and insider threats.
ArcSight is a leader in security and compliance management solutions that intelligently identify and mitigate business risk for enterprises. ArcSight provides the industry’s only vendor-neutral solution for real time intelligent identification, prioritization and network response to external security attacks, insider threats and compliance breaches.
- Designs units for others.
- Completes development to implement complex components.
- Designs solutions for others to develop.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Leads design activities
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests. Represents team to customers.
- Demonstrates technical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Contributes to strategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Applies company and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for customers.
- Consults with team members and other organizations, customers and vendors on complex issues.
- Technical leadership of assigned project.
- Provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
- 5 or more years’ experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, JSON/
- Advanced development experience on Linux platform
- Advanced understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle, MySQL
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles. Advanced understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins. Strong understanding of basic Database Administration.
- Able to define quality and security standards.
- General project management/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience with source code management tools like Perforce or Git
- Familiar with Agile SCRUM development methodologies
- Performance tuning, Monitoring, and debugging for software applications and appliances
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux operating system fundamentals.
- Possess the ability to be a self-driven quick learner with attention to details and quality
- Security Domain knowledge required
- C/C development experience a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Strong technical and business English usage of document reading, emails and conference calls
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Java development training, certification is a plus.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top