Java Back End Developer
Hewlett PackardEnterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impacton people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfoliothat spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents,engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, createsocial value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning doesnot only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerfulways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. Inaddition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have manyopportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities.You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning andmaximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program whichallows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generationworkforce.
As a unified business, HP Enterprisesecurity products (ESP) is one of the largest and fastest growing security Organizationson the planet! Security, compliance, and risk management is a high growthmarket, and that market is accelerating. Based on market leading products from ArcSight,Fortify, the HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM) Platformuniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection, and networkdefense technology to protect today’s applications and IT infrastructures fromsophisticated cyber threats.
HP Enterprise Security, ArcSightdivision, is a leading global provider of Compliance and Security Managementsolutions that protect enterprises, education and governmental agencies.ArcSight helps customers comply with corporate and regulatory policy, safeguardtheir assets and processes and control risk. The ArcSight platform collects andcorrelates user activity and event data across the enterprise so thatbusinesses can rapidly identify, prioritize and respond to complianceviolations, policy breaches, cyber security attacks, and insider threats.
ArcSight is a leader in security andcompliance management solutions that intelligently identify and mitigatebusiness risk for enterprises. ArcSight provides the industry’s onlyvendor-neutral solution for real time intelligent identification, prioritizationand network response to external security attacks, insider threats andcompliance breaches.
- Designs units forothers.
- Completesdevelopment to implement complex components.
- Designs solutionsfor others to develop.
- Participates incross-functional teams.
- Leads designactivities
- Designs, preparesand executes unit tests. Represents team to customers.
- Demonstratestechnical leadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
- Developsinnovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Contributes tostrategic direction for teams.
- Applies in-depthor broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one ormore technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Applies companyand 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Independentlyimplements end-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
- Integratestechnical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions forcustomers.
- Consults with teammembers and other organizations, customers and vendors on complex issues.
- Technicalleadership of assigned project.
- Provide time /resource estimates for assigned projects.
- 5 or more years’experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) Java,J2EE, Spring MVC, JSON/
- Advanceddevelopment experience on Linux platform
- Advancedunderstanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle, MySQL
- Advancedunderstanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g.,OO).
- Experience onmultiple full release project life cycles. Advanced understanding of modern SCM.
- Advancedunderstanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting,and testing methodologies.
- Advancedexperience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, VisualStudio) and development of tool add-ins. Strong understanding of basic DatabaseAdministration.
- Able to definequality and security standards.
- General projectmanagement/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a globallydispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Demonstratedtechnical leadership skills.
- Good verbal andwritten communication and negotiation skills.
- Experience withsource code management tools like Perforce or Git
- Familiar withAgile SCRUM development methodologies
- Performancetuning, Monitoring, and debugging for software applications and appliances
- Strongunderstanding of Unix/Linux operating system fundamentals.
- Possess theability to be a self-driven quick learner with attention to details and quality
- Security Domainknowledge required
- C/C developmentexperience a plus
- Bachelorsor Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Strongtechnical and business English usage of document reading, emails and conferencecalls
- Effectiveverbal and written communication skills.
- Javadevelopment training, certification is a plus.
What do weoffer?
Extensivesocial benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and sharedvalues, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractiveemployers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-lifebalance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you arelooking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, thenwe definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via ourCareers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can alsofind us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top