Java Application Performance Expert
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
At HPE, you’ll build the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? You’ll use your experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes. And you’ll help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world’s biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE Software has a wide variety of Software Solutions and Services that allow customers to: deliver amazing applications, re-invent IT operations, optimize and monetize customer engagement, identify and neutralize security threats, and protect and govern data assets. HPE Software is a fast growing business unit which supports its customers on planning, conceptual design and implementation of software solutions. Big Data has changed the software landscape and HPE is leading the way.
This position is responsible for participate in planning, development, and release of the product. This role will be responsible for analysis of application performance, identifying bottlenecks, problems, as well as solutions to areas related to the architectures and software applications.
- Design, development, and implementation of complex functional, performance, and scalability tests and test frameworks in Java.
- Running tests, analyzing problems and performance, and identifying and resolving shortcomings.
- Work with a scrum teams on a daily basis, using Agile engineering practices
- Conduct code reviews, provide technical mentoring, ensure proper architectural oversight, and define the criteria to achieve “high performance quality code”
- Define performance test success criteria by working with external teams and publishing acceptable KPIs & Metrics
- Install, maintain and implement all performance testing tools in right environments; including all upgrades and patches etc.
- Work individually on the tasks and a Team player – working closely with Developers, TLs and architect.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 9 years’ of experience
- Must have knowledge in Java Performance (CPU, Memory, IO, SWAP, Network usage), hotspot detection, GC logs, optimization and analysis of bottle-necks using various profilers and Console
- Experience with Oracle/MSSQL Databases and SQL tuning and scripting, Oracle AWR reports and trace logs
- Knowledge and experience in Windows and Linux OS: Red Hat Scripting: Python, shell, Perl, etc.
- Strong understanding on OS, network, Web servers and browsers.
- Experience with LoadRunner
- Good to have knowledge of GitHub and source control system.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top