IT Infrastructure Test Analyst – Graduate Programme
Hewlett Packard Enterprise hires the best talent to advance how we live and work. In 1939 our founders started a revolution. Now we’re taking it to the next level. The mission might be nearly 80 years old, but at Hewlett Packard Enterprise ideas are racing forward. And our big workforce and big ideas mean big career opportunities. It’s your time to accelerate next.
Our highly successful Enterprise Services business has a number of opportunities at our Erskine site for the role of Entry level IT Infrastructure Test Analyst. This challenging position draws on the analytical & problem-solving mindset found in testing or IT support personnel.
Our IT Infrastructure Analysts will apply ISTQB testing methodologies as well as implementing industry-leading tools to test technologies within a Windows-based environment.
Key aspects of the role:
- Implement and Test Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server based solutions – hardware and software.
- Implement and Test Windows XP / win 7 and Office 2013- O365 -based End User Device solutions – hardware and software.
- Implement common off the shelf products on end user devices and servers to support the customer infrastructure.
- Apply existing IT expertise to the testing of hardware & software in the customer environment.
For any implemented hardware and software, performing the following activities to timescales and constraints communicated by the team leader.
- Reviewing Requirements and Design Documents to determine the scope of testing.
- Produce a Test Plan, scoping the testing to be performed at a high level.
- Create Test Scripts, using ALM to implement that Test Plan.
- Manually run/evidence such scripts.
- Produce a Test Report, summarising the testing performed.
- Participate in informal and formal reviews of the above.
- Provide support for demonstrations and trials (in-house and on site).
- Test Scripts will support both confidence testing and the evidencing against requirements.
We’re looking for high achievers who have graduated in 2015 or 2016 and achieved a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a Computing discipline or with a strong interest in IT. A confident communicator and excellent organiser, you’ll combine a proactive and enthusiastic attitude with strong time and project management skills. You’ll also need to be able to work on your own and as part of a team, and must be eligible to work in the UK.
Also, you should be able to commence work February to April 2017.
- Windows XP/7/10 Testing or Support knowledge
- Hardware – peripherals and basic internal installations
- Microsoft Office Testing or Support knowledge
- Standard Consumer Off the Shelf (COTS) Testing or Support knowledge
- Experience in hardware/software testing, integration, change management procedures
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA/ MCSE/ MCITP/ MCTS)
- ISTQB Certification
- Experience using ALM, SharePoint and StarTeam/AIX/ SQL/ CITRIX / Sanctuary/ Veritas Clustering /McAfee EPO/ NetCool
- Server Virtualisation – ESX or HyperV
- AD installation, monitoring & troubleshooting skills
- Windows infrastructure knowledge of the MS Server 2003/ 2008/ 2012 estate
- Network infrastructure troubleshooting skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top