IT Global Support Manager
IT Global Support Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
- Participates as a member of an IT technical team.
- Performs basic analysis of functional or service requirements using fundamental understanding of IT Business process or problems.
- Implements end-user or enterprise infrastructure or application services prepared by more senior Engineers.
- Applies technical knowledge to operate and administer infrastructure or software platforms and user groups of moderate complexity.
- Resolves technical issues of moderate complexity within a given technical area.
- Partners with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate.
- Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management.
- Provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility including patch management.
- Reviews, implements and verifies changes/solutions of medium complexity and risk. Ensures configuration management database entries are complete and accurate.
Qualification / Experience
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma or other Quality certification preferred.
- Typically 7 years of experience in technical background.
- Overall work experience should be 10 years and above.
Desirable Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications).
- Experience with business IT applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship management, HR, Finance).
- Basic skills in scripting and / or programming language. Knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Strong initiative, problem solving, priority setting, and collaboration skills.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity.
- Possess creative ability, credibility and self-confidence.
- Analyze and resolve problems.
- Focus on customers.
- This role may require the candidate to work during week-ends, month-ends or after hours to support Project / Business requirements.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top