IOT Sales Development Executive
IOT Sales Development Executive
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
The Internet of Things (IoT) is projected to soon exceed 20 billion devices at the "edge" of traditional networks. Those devices generate enormous volumes of data which present a unique business opportunity around the rapid extraction of insights. The edge is outside the traditional data center or cloud—in the field, on a plant floor, at an oil rig or copper mine—generating business, engineering and scientific insights that enable instant action. In addition, IoT can be viewed as the intersection of IT (information technologies) with OT (operational technologies), which is becoming known as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
HPE Edgeline is a new dedicated line of server technology to capture the IOT market opportunity. We are looking to staff the sales specialist roles for WW Region with specific focus on USA initially.
- Drive sales development for specific Edgeline solutions starting in Manufacturing and oil and gas
- Drive execution of sales program from our eco system of partners (OEMs, ISVs, SIs, internal hpe entities,..) to drive success such as PTC, GE Digital, Microsoft, SAP, National Instruments, Deloitte, Tech Mahindra etc…
- Lead specific pursuits with HPE in country sales teams
- Work with our engineering and application technical consultants to improve solutions and develop new use cases
- Quota responsibility for Edgeline product line
- University or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business experienced preferred.
- Strong Technical OT knowledge (operation technology)
- Innovator at the heart, biased for action and partnership first
- Vertical market knowledge (must) selling technical equipment into sector such as manufacturing, oil & gas, energy/utilities, police/ defense
- Knowledge of Internet of Things (IOT) market, technologies, players such as Schneider Electric, ABB, Siemens, GE, National Instruments...(a big plus)
- Multi-year sales experience, ability to document and monitor sales closing plans
- Structured and ability negotiate contracts, drive legal teams
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners
- Team player, like to share knowledge, hunting mentality, action oriented
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top