IoT Engineering Cloud Architect
IoT Engineering Cloud Architect
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Servers, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions .
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10-16 years' experience
Roles and Responsibility
An Enterprise Infrastructure Domain Architect is responsible for the effectiveness, integration and optimization of the global infrastructure architecture layers within the overall Enterprise Architecture (EA).
The architect is responsible for the creation of long term architectural future state visions that support the IoT Cloud strategy and to increase the maturity of the infrastructure architecture domains. Additionally he will also ensure that emerging technologies are appropriately evaluated for their architectural fit and standardization is done where necessary and possible.
As such he will be acting as the voice of authority for the architectural direction of his domain (for this position Cloud/Hosting) and all related principles and standards.
- Worked with MS Azure and/or AWS (worked in IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Experience in Java/J2EE technology
- Good understanding in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Expertise in Architectural patterns
- Expertise in Design Patten
- Experience with any RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL
- Familiarity with NoSQL DBs
- Experience with large scale, distributed computing and big data concepts
- Work Independently with Solutions Management and Product owners on Architectural improvements and Cloud-ification concepts.
- Technical ownership of HPE's Cloud hosting of respective solution, and aaS offerings
- Offer consultation service or aaS customer deployments, and improvement
- Technical leader, who can coordinate and interface with different regionally separated implementation teams.
- Building expertise on different IoT verticals and domains and emerge as an SME in the respective area.
- Passionate towards Innovation and R&D initiatives - Learn new technologies and domain with ability to take up Architectural definitions and reviews, design/deliverable reviews, POCs and Demos.
- Knowledge of the technology underlying M2M/IoT solution, such as wireless systems, different networks and sensors.
- Contribute towards the Implementation of core product/project features in Virtualization and Platform Improvements areas.
- Analysis and Research in evolving IoT Market and takes individual technical ownership of the projects/products.
- Minimum of 10 to 16 years hands-on experience in IT Services and
- Minimum of 5 Years in global Enterprise Architecture roles with proven success and experience at a global level
- Experience and knowledge on Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS, …)
- Experience on server hardware, operating systems and virtualization
- Experience and knowledge on converged infrastructure architecture design and technology
- Experience in conceptual design of datacenter network, storage including SAN, backup and archive architectures
- Experience on hosting infrastructure (facility management, data center design, HA and DR concepts and further aspects)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top