Internship Big Data Engineer M/F
Internship Big Data Engineer M/F
Enterprise Services Slovakia s. r. o. provide solutions which enable companies to mobilize their business; mine all their data for insights, on an open, agile cloud; all this securely. We are the only company with the breadth and depth of innovative products and services to provide complete end-to-end solutions in big data, cloud, mobility and security, not just a disparate set of IT components.
Our key areas include:
- HPE Financial Services
We offer great and impactful initiatives for our employees and for society, from wellness, through diversity and inclusion, to amazing university hiring experiences, and much more.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise provides solutions which enable companies to mobilize their business; mine all their data for insights, on an open, agile cloud; all this securely. We are the only company with the breadth and depth of innovative products and services to provide complete end-to-end solutions in big data, cloud, mobility and security, not just a disparate set of IT components.
Individuals in the Big Data Engineer role ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, and secure, and can serve multiple users within the organization. They help facilitate getting data from a variety of different sources, getting it in the right formats, assuring that it adhere to data quality standards, and assuring that downstream users can get that data quickly.
These professionals are responsible for the infrastructure that provides insight from raw data and handles diverse sources of data seamlessly. They enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies. They also understand how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions.
These professionals have knowledge of data analysis, data pipelines, data transformations and modeling, end user requirements analysis, and business requirements analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
Education/ Experience /Areas of Interests:
- Data processing, modeling, movement and storage techniques (i.e. MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, NiFi, Talend DI+DQ, CloverETL)
- Relational databases including queries processing and planning (i.e. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Vertica, SQL, HQL)
- Data structures and algorithms (i.e. JSON, XML)
- Distributed architectures (i.e. Hadoop)
- Programming and scripting languages (i.e. Shell scripting, Python, Scala)
- Deploying Open source software
- Analytical thinking
- Translating business requirements into system ones
- Vizualizing data, finding business value in data (i.e. R, Tableau, Qlik)
- Automating the repeatable (i.e. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
Type of job: internship, stáž
Other advantages offered to employees
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- Exciting opportunity of career and professional development
- Working for one of the most admired international companies in challenging and dynamic environment
- Possibility to work in an international environment
- Regular professional trainings
- Foreign language classes
- Reimbursement of costs of participation in a sport club
- Life insurance
- Financial support during 3 months of sickness
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top