International Export Control and Customs Expert
International Export Control and Customs Expert
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company's regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating demand/supply management, business processes and/or manufacturing/delivery of products and services to the company policy and country regulatory requirements. Partners with stakeholders to identify/implement opportunities for business process improvement to effectively manage costs, integrate new and existing businesses, and adapt to changes in the business and regulatory environment. Time horizon is typically focused on less than six months for forecasting/planning. Leading and working with cross-functional teams, creates and implements plans that enable the execution of business strategies. Participates in the process by which demand signals are developed, validated for alignment with transition plans, supply constraints identified, and an executable plan defined that meets financial and market share goals. Scope includes business execution processes related to lifecycle planning; order management (including allocation management, Available to Promise (ATP) / commit processes, business attainment tracking); logistics management (including inbound/outbound coordination and consolidation of domestic and international systems to support shipments); and inventory management (including analysis, optimization and velocity). Partners cross-functionally to develop, track and manage business metrics for the organization (may include customer availability, service levels, on-time delivery, supplier response time (SRTs), supply chain costs and inventory.
- Leads a broad range of complex supply chain processes, such as inventory analysis and planning, demand planning, import/export operations, and sales and operations planning (SOP).
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and leads/develops recommendations and provides insight for management.
- Independently executes complex demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution, and identifying issues and their impact.
- Works cross-functionally to prioritize backlog.
- Partners with global business units and supply bases to generate and deliver demand signals.
- Leads cross-functional regional and global business unit planning teams to maintain and enhance the current business processes.
- Defines and reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement actions to address.
- Contributes to priority projects by adding creative insights and developing recommendations.
- Communicates requirements and guidelines to the regional and global business unit planning teams.
- Mentors junior-level staff and establishes guidelines for the mentorship programs.
- Leads and manages a Regulatory Trade Compliance program.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in a supply chain function.
- Experience in more than one supply chain function.
- Broker's license and/or 6-10 years of experience in a customs/global trade function.
- Experience in export licensing, government relationship
- Subject matter expert in EU export regulations within the Europe, Middle East, and Asia region. In addition, export licensing requirements and process for the Netherlands.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Identifies cutting edge analytical tools, models and methods for making key business decisions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Very Strong project management skills, with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong understanding of the company's overall supply chain strategy.
- Excellent understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), ATP and master scheduling.
- Excellent understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory modeling and analysis.
- Strong leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management.
- Excellent understanding in developing and managing a trade compliance program.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top