Internal Audit Data Scientist Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function that adds value and improves operations at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. IA helps HPE achieve its objectives by systematically evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance and by implementing best practices through a process of open communication, professionalism, and trust.
Internal Audit’s primary role is to address risks throughout the company and to evaluate, monitor and improve the effectiveness of controls and governance processes, in support of corporate objectives. Internal Audit performs financial and operational reviews across the company and, where appropriate, third parties doing business with HPE.
Data Scientist Job Description:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Internal Audit data analytics team. Individuals in this role are expected to be comfortable working with voluminous data, structured and unstructured, and have a foundation in mathematical statistics. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest for identifying and answering questions that help us measure business risk and the control environment.
- Work closely with an internal audit team to identify and answer important questions, learn from data and tell the story related to business risk.
- Ability to apply intermediate level of subject matter knowledge to solve a variety of common business issues.
- Works on problems / projects of moderately complex scope.
- Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input.
- Follows established guidelines and interprets policies.
- Provides moderately complex financial analysis that is either transactional or analytical for a financial function or a business.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to actively ensure financial/business analysis needs are met.
- Develops a deeper understanding of HP’s financial processes and a detailed knowledge of the business
- Extract data from multiple sources, validate data for completeness and accuracy, analyze outliers:
- Extract: Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Validate: Develop data management ability to prepare data for analysis
- Analyze and interpret the results of ongoing assessments by isolating process-based leading indicators and symptomatic lagging indicators.
- Answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on structured and unstructured data
- Communicate results and recommendations to auditors, compliance functions and management
- Develop best practices for innovation and instrumentation and communicate those to auditors, other assurance providers and compliance functions
- Bachelor of Engineering/Master in Computer Application/Master in Statistics/ with 5 years of experience
- Financial or operational audit experience is preferred
- SAP Expertise/System administrator
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- A strong passion for research, for answering strategic questions and telling the story regarding business risk with data
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (i.e, Hadoop, Vertica etc.)
- Strong Technical skills in Base SAS/SAS Macros
- Exposure to statistical techniques like Regression, Clustering, ARIMA etc.
- Experience in R, SQL & ACL Audit Analytics software would be a BIG PLUS.
- Domain exposures to specific domains like in Finance/ Risk Management / Audit is preferred.
- Automation in the form of bringing in Efficiency in the team and also saving man-hours.
- Exposure to data analysis techniques and excellent understanding of analytical applications in finance area.
- Skill set in Qlikview/Tableau/Spotfire would be an added Advantage.
- Working knowledge on MIS Reporting, BI platform, Sharepoint.
- Comfortable working with large data sets and has attention to details.
- Exposure to Business Controls.
- Experience & Exposure in Internal Audit Methodology / Methods.
- Good analytical skills and business application skills.
- Good communication skills and teamwork skills.
We offer extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top