Internal Audit Data Scientist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Internal Audit (IA) is an independent, objective assurance and consulting function that adds value and improves operations at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. IA helps HPE achieve its objectives by systematically evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance and by implementing best practices through a process of open communication, professionalism, and trust.
Data Scientist Job Description:
Hewlett Packard Enterprises is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Internal Audit data analytics team. Individuals in this role are expected to be comfortable working with voluminous data, structured and unstructured, and have a foundation in mathematical statistics. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest for identifying and answering questions that help us measure business risk and the control environment.
- Work closely with an internal audit team to identify and answer important questions, learn from data and tell the story related to business risk.
- Extract data from multiple sources, validate data for completeness and accuracy, analyze outliers:
- Extract: Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Validate: Develop data management ability to prepare data for analysis
- Analyze and interpret the results of ongoing assessments by isolating process-based leading indicators and symptomatic lagging indicators.
- Answer questions by using appropriate statistical techniques on structured and unstructured data
- Communicate results and recommendations to auditors, compliance functions and management
- Develop best practices for innovation and instrumentation and communicate those to auditors, other assurance providers and compliance functions
Qualifications – Computer Science (B.Tech, BCA, MCA) background with 3-5 years of experience, Finance graduate would be a plus.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
1. Audit Command Language (ACL): Familiar with ACL Desktop (Version 11) or/and Analytics Exchange Server (AX) architecture. Ability to create, modify and run scripts from ACL Desktop to AX. Maintaining and modifying scheduled analytics. Connecting to source systems and databases. Ability to refer to parameter files and value sets. Manage user profiles and permissions.
2. QlikView (QV): Ability to create, modify and refresh dashboards and host it on the QV server. Work with the QV Doc Admin on UAT assignments.
3. SAP Basis: Good knowledge of SAP configuration tables, user access management, user security and privileges, SAP inherent controls within key business processes, change management processes (transports, direct changes, etc.) and password management.
4. Business Intelligence (BI) Tools: Skills similar to the above 3 applications in BI tool would be an added bonus.
We offer extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top