Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology tohave a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPEbrings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructureto serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive businessvalue, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are amongthe most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of ourHPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you willhave many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignmentopportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate yourlearning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring“program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across ourmulti-generation workforce.
Enterprise Security supports our customers by providing ITSecurity-focused consultancy. Our customers utilize our extensive knowledge andexperience of penetration, testing, governance risk and compliance, networksecurity, and remote access. We are there for our customers – come join us!
About HP Enterprise Security
As a unified business, HP Enterprise security products (ESP) is one ofthe largest and fastest growing security organizations on the planet! Security,compliance, and risk management is a high growth market, and that market is
accelerating. Based on market leading products from ArcSight, Fortify,and TippingPoint, the HP Security Intelligence and Risk Management (SIRM)Platform uniquely delivers the advanced correlation, application protection,and network defense technology to protect today’s applications and ITinfrastructures from sophisticated cyber threats.
HP Enterprise Security, ArcSight division, is a leading global providerof Compliance and Security Management solutions that protect enterprises,education and governmental agencies. ArcSight helps customers comply withcorporate and regulatory policy, safeguard their assets and processes andcontrol risk. The ArcSight platform collects and correlates user activity andevent data across the enterprise so that businesses can rapidly identify,prioritize and respond to compliance violations, policy breaches, cybersecurity attacks, and insider threats.
We are looking for a talented, self-driven individual to play a key rolein developing our next generation Enterprise Security solutions. Withenterprise computing rapidly evolving towards cloud and mobile, we need yourhelp to make it more secure through rapid innovation, development anddeployment of our ArcSight solutions. If you have hands-on experience andknowledge of IT operations and security in a private or public IaaS/SaaS cloudenvironment, coupled with experience in security operations, and if you excelin an innovative and result-oriented environment where your contributions makea difference, then this is the place for you.
The successful candidate for this position will work on the ArcSightConnector Content team. This is a hands-on position that will require thecandidate to work with data collected from various network devices incombination with the various ArcSight product lines in order to deliver contentthat will help address the needs of all of ArcSight’s customers. The idealcandidate will have a good understanding of enterprise security coupled withhands-on networking and security skills as well as an ability to write andunderstand scripting languages such as Perl, Python.
- Research, analyze and understand log sources, particularly fromvarious devices in an enterprise network
- Appropriately categorize the security messages generated by varioussources into the multi-dimensional ArcSight
- Write and modify scripts to parse out messages and interface with theArcSight categorization database
- Work on content and vulnerability update releases
- Write scripts and automation to optimize various processes involved
- Understand content for ArcSight ESM, including correlation rules,dashboards, reports, visualizations, etc.
- Understand requirements to write content to address use cases based oncustomer requests and feedback
- Assist in building comprehensive, correct and useful ArcSightConnector and ESM content to ArcSight customers on schedule
- Excellent knowledge of IT operations, administration and security
- Hands-on experience of a variety of different networking and securitydevices, such as Firewalls, Routers, IDS/IPS etc.
- Ability to examine operational and security logs generated bynetworking and security devices, identify the meaning and severity of them
- Understand different logging mechanisms, standards and formats
- Strong practical Linux-based and Windows-based system administrationskills
- Strong scripting skills using languages (Shell, Perl, Python etc), andRegex
- Hands-on experience of database such as MySQL
- Knowledge of Security Information Management solution such as ArcSightESM
- Experience with a version control system (Perforce, GitHub)
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess ability and desire to learn new technologies quicklywhile remaining detailed oriented
- Strong analytical skill and problem solving skills, multi-tasking
- Network device or Security certification (CISSP, CEH etc)
- Experience with application server such as Apache Tomcat
- Work experience in security operation center (SOC)
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in network security andenterprise-level security management.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – buildinglong term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of everyopportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practicaland breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salaryand shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s mostattractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities,work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international workenvironment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, ordirectly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top