Installed Base Specialist
Installed Base Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Pointnext is the innovative IT services organization—part of Hewlett Packard Enterprise—built to make Hybrid IT simple and power the Intelligent Edge. As an agile technology partner, we help our customers modernize their legacy infrastructure with the flexibility of the cloud, and maximize the value of their connected devices. We make their mission our mission: To drive rapid transformation across an enterprise on a customer's terms.
The Installed Base Specialist (IBS)
is assigned to customers as the focal point of contact for renewing the maintenance contracts. This is key for a successful business relationship. Furthermore, the IBS assists the account in driving the strategy for their assigned customer and participates in key negotiations. Provides process consulting expertise to project and account teams in developing the customer solution and to enable the efficient execution of operational processes. Advocates the customer view, expectations and provides feedback to the development/improvement of processes and capabilities. Understands and analyzes account financials. May manage top level escalations by interacting with company management and the customer side. Examples of topics handled in this job family can be; provide consultancy and support to choose an adequate support level within an account, support accounts which wants to centralize the purchasing of hardware or service agreements, work with the account as well as internal stakeholders to implement new business models / supply chain models, advocate the customer/partner requirements in the development of automated solutions (web based, EDI).
- Manages the renewal of the contract from the start to the end
- Business relationship management of accounts
- Builds, maintains and forecasts renewal pipeline, creates and develops account plans (in SFDC)
- Conducts and reviews moderately complex business analysis.
- Up-sells and cross-sells standard solutions/services to clients as part of retention strategy
- Resolves operational issues, which may require collaboration with cross organizational teams, in support of the customer requirements.
- May generate and qualify leads to create new sales opportunities. Sets and executes sales strategy for assigned portion of account
- Conducts research, analyzes data, and presents findings for projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Performs operational performance reviews with the customer/partner and supports improvement plans. (Reviews typically include topics such as special pricing, inventory levels and procurement plans, delivery performance, claims, and disputes impacting the financial position of the account).
- Consults and advises on operational matters of low complexity to internal clients on peer level.
Education and Experience:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 1-3 years of related experience with experience, preferably in supply chain, customer service, procurement or financial management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate understanding of core company businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic project management skills.
- Developing ability to collaborate and network with other groups and functions to reach business objectives, in support of the customer/partner requirements.
- Developing ability to establish and maintain good relationships with external customers on peer level and one level above.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation)
- Mastery in English and German language, French optional.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top