Inside Sales Consultant
HPE Enterprise Services is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities as Inside Sales Consultant.
In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected.
This requisition is being used to pipeline candidates for future needs.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the Fortune 50 spin off of the global business and information technology services division of Hewlett-Packard. As one of the world’s leading IT services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries, we help clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and manage to advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey.
The Inside Sales Consultant is a newly created early career role within a dynamic and new organization to be located in Plano, Texas: the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Digital Experience Center (DEC).
What makes working in the DEC a unique and exciting opportunity?
- We are a fast-paced Start-up inside a rock-solid and trusted brand. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity, be risk takers not order takers, creators not followers
- We are all about creating a dynamic learning environment – Our program is created by the leading authority on sales training (in the world) Franklin Covey. Candidates need to be wickedly curious and constant learners
- We are creating the New style of selling – mixing marketing, mobile, social and traditional methodologies. Candidates need to be ultra-social and uber-connected.
- There is absolute Upward mobility – this is the farm team for our large, highly-professional global sales organization. A year or two of great success in the DEC can lead to a field role anywhere in the world where we deploy professional sales talent – NY, London, Sydney, Rome – etc. We are looking for people who want to move up and have the capacity to take on more and climb tall mountains.
It’s a team sport – our teams are built to support clients and one another – not competitive against each other. Team goals, team collaboration, we all win together (and prefer not to lose). We are building an environment that focuses on what’s important not who is important. We are looking for team players.
The Inside Sales Consultant is engaged as part of an extended sales team seeking opportunities for Digital Sales Engagement and will use client and market intelligence to generate leads through cold calling and inquiry. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Participates in development of account sales strategy & quota setting
- Locates individual sales opportunities
- Researches and begins to understand the client’s industry, and develops a core understanding of client business needs and challenges. Shares marketing intelligence internally
- Analyzes and understands win/loss results for assigned accounts
- Utilizes the support of presales and specialists, depending on account coverage, to locate and share client opportunities
- Responsible for pipeline and forecast discipline in accordance with sales ES business processes
- Acts as a first interface for assigned accounts in collaboration with members of global business teams
- Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts
- Searches for and secures transactional business needs of existing clients
- Contributes to sales policy and strategy for assigned business segment
- Develops key relationships within ES and Client organization
- Understands our Alliance Partner capability and engages the ES Alliance Team
- Protects HP’s position and focuses on generating new business
- Meets/Exceeds quota goals
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 1 year of sales experience OR Associates Degree with 3 years sales experience
- 2-4 years sales experience
- Technical proficiencies
- Technical savvy, digital/social media savvy, and the ability to create social media campaigns are key.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must be a team player and juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Demonstrates ability to learn complete company portfolio of products.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Understand sales process.
- Good communication skills and telesales skills working directly with customer.
- Must have ability to handle unique situations.
- Effectively utilizes internal resources on product and processes to complete routine tasks.
- Time management skills
Prior experience with the following is helpful:
- Proactive account origination
- Account retention and development
- Relationship Management
- Sales deal making and advancement
- Third party dynamics and selling
- Upselling and cross-selling
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top