Inside Sales Account Manager
Inside Sales Account Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a reverse mentoring program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Manages virtually (by phone, electronically or social media) a set of assigned or acquired accounts. Builds, maintains and forecasts sales pipeline, creates and develops account plans. Works closely with company outside sales, channel partners and/or end customers to move sales opportunities to closure. May generate and qualify leads to create new sales opportunities. Sets and executes sales strategy for assigned portion of account, territory or industry vertical.
- Sells complex solutions, products and services for a set of assigned accounts. Provides input in developing sales strategy and quota forecasts for assigned accounts. May partner with field sales or sell independently.
- Creates account plan and provides recommendation for an assigned complex account
- Proactively generates, qualifies and reviews new leads to drive higher sales opportunities and closure; may work with partners/ field sales to ensure a smooth sales transaction.
- Understands clients requirements and leverages good knowledge of company's portfolio of products and services to competetively position company to meet the needs to drive new acquisitions and/or promote retention
- Leads targeted sales pipeline building, forecasts and plans data driven sales activity
- May provide coaching to team members
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstarted sales orientation and understanding of sales process
- Demonstrated account management, acquisition, retention and development skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of company's portfolios of products and services
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT and/or industry solutions, products and services to solve business challenges
- Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills
- Able to lead and work within a team
- Depending on role, may require hunter approach or strategic "farmer or relationship selling approach.
- Demonstrated knowledge in a Customer Relationahip Management system or Saleforce system which allows businesses to manage business relationships and the data and information associated with them.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top