Information Testing - Intermediate
Information Testing - Intermediate
"Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?"
Designs, develops and executes all testing-related activities on applications, infrastructure or hardware components of IT solutions. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, establishing testing strategy and plan, analysis of business requirements & designs for testability, design and development of test cases, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test scripts, and execution of various testing types such as System, system Integration, performance and modeling. Develops the Testing components of application solutions by applying knowledge of service offerings, capabilities, innovation, sales pursuit strategy, Testing & Quality Methodology and best practices to collaborate with the Project team and client to deliver high quality solutions. Works within the Services function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies.
- Participates as a member of a Testing Team.
- Utilizing EDS testing methodology, analyzes testing requirements as the basis for developing testing scenarios for a test level to be executed on a project.
- Designs testing scenarios and test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional and non-functional requirements, relative to the test level, as defined in business or technical specifications.
- Executes tasks related to the production of the Test Plan, test cases, test scripts, and test data. Analyzes the results of the testing process and recommends solutions.
- Defines, identifies, collects, and organizes detailed information relating to testing requirements. Interacts with the project team to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and conformance criteria.
- Understands and uses appropriate automated testing processes and tools.
- Stays current on established tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Supports knowledge management and collaboration through participation in testing discussions, communities and improving testing collateral through lessons learned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 or more years of experience in delivering testing services for various project size.
- Proficient in testing and development methodologies and their interaction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in requirements, design specifications, and testing strategy to: perform ambiguity analysis, perform risk analysis, establish testing priorities and scope, develop testing strategy, review testing strategy, validate requirements and specifications, develop test plans, review test plan, develop test scenarios, select test design techniques and develop testing metrics collection plan in order to plan and prepare for testing.
- Proficient in testing analysis and design, functional and performance models, and test specifications to: develop functional models for testing, develop performance models for testing, evaluate and validate test cases and scripts, validate functional models for testing, validate performance models for testing, develop test specifications, validate test specifications, validate testing coverage, escalate quality issues for resolution, evaluate test automation tools and validate testing environment in order to develop test specifications.
- Proficient in testing processes and tools to: execute test cases and scripts, analyze test results, report on testing progress and results, facilitate defect resolution and document final test results in order to execute testing engagement.
- Proficient in testing processes and testing metrics to: review test summary report, provide testing project feedback and archive testing assets in order to verify completion of testing.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top