Information Testing - Expert
Information Testing - Expert
"Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?"
Designs, develops and executes all testing-related activities on applications, infrastructure or hardware components of IT solutions. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, establishing testing strategy and plan, analysis of business requirements & designs for testability, design and development of test cases, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test scripts, and execution of various testing types such as System, system Integration, performance and modeling. Develops the Testing components of application solutions by applying knowledge of service offerings, capabilities, innovation, sales pursuit strategy, Testing & Quality Methodology and best practices to collaborate with the Project team and client to deliver high quality solutions. Works within the Services function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies.
- Participates as a member of Testing team as well as lead Testing Teams.
- Interacts with EDS project teams and clients to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and testing objectives for a project as a basis for determining testing requirements.
- Plans and executes the analysis of the testing requirements of a project in order to define a Testing Strategy.
- Understands and recommends the use of the appropriate automated testing tools.
- Defines the metrics to be collected to monitor the performance and effectiveness of testing for a project.
- Responsible for the provision of guidance, relating to testing activities for a project, to EDS project teams and clients.
- Communicates with all stakeholders for a project to assist in managing testing issues and risks.
- Provides consultative support on all aspects of the testing process for a project.
- Contributes to special studies.
- Develops and presents testing proposals to internal and external clients.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to methods and standards for a project through an assessment of current testing practices, and supports implementation of recommended improvements.
- May act as a temporary or part-time testing advisor on a project.
- Proactively identifies and proposes improvements to EDS testing practices.
- Stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies. supports knowledge management and collaboration through participation in testing discussions, leading communities and improving testing collateral through lessons learned.
- Acts as a mentor and coach to testing specialists and test analysts.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 6 or more years of experience in leading and delivering multiple testing services in multiple technologies.
- Exceptional in testing and development methodologies and their interaction.
- General Project Management. Customer/ Vendor Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
- Exceptional in understanding requirements, design specifications, and testing strategy to: perform ambiguity analysis, perform risk analysis, establish testing priorities and scope, develop testing strategy, review testing strategy, validate requirements and specifications, develop test plans, review test plan, develop test scenarios, select test design techniques and develop testing metrics collection plan in order to plan and prepare for testing.
- Exceptional in testing analysis and design, functional and performance models, and test specifications to: develop functional models for testing, develop performance models for testing, evaluate and validate test cases and scripts, validate functional models for testing, validate performance models for testing, develop test specifications, validate test specifications, validate testing coverage, escalate quality issues for resolution, evaluate test automation tools and validate testing environment in order to develop test specifications.
- Exceptional in testing processes and tools to: execute test cases and scripts, analyze test results, report on testing progress and results, facilitate defect resolution and document final test results in order to execute testing engagement. Proficient in testing processes and testing metrics to: review test summary report, provide testing project feedback and archive testing assets in order to verify completion of testing.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top