- Participates as a member of development team.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Completes development of units with designs prepared by more senior developers.
- Participates in code reviews. Prepares and executes unit tests.
- Applies growing technical knowledge to maintain a technology area (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Perform unit design.
- Applies HP and 3rd party technologies to software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Configures end-user or enterprise systems designed by more senior technologists.
- Performs work assigned by others.
- Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and up to 3 year of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 4 years of experience in Java development.
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework or EJB3.
- Experience in web services.
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, GWT, Spring MVC).
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Understanding of quality and security standards.
- Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Basic understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit test scripting, and testing Methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top